Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Need Front License Plate Holder

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Default Need Front License Plate Holder

If any of you guys have a new front license plate holder kit that came with your 3 and aren't going to use it I would love to take it off your hands. When I bought my car they didn't give me one and when I went back to get one they said everyone comes with one and if I wanted another one I had to buy it. So if anybody has one laying around and doesn't plan on using it please let me know. Thanks alot.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Need Front License Plate Holder

Man, I wish mine hadn't come w/it already installed. I had to fill and paint the holes in my bumper. And others I know told the dealer that if they installed the plate holder, that the deal would be off. Consider yourself lucky, Man!

The plate will fit very nicely between the dashboard and the lower portion of the windshield. Take my advise, get some suction cups that will fit tightly in the upper holes of the plate (you may have to cut one side off to install them) and stick it to the windshield. Then you can remove it easily for meets and shows, and no unsightly holes in the bumper.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: jrm6012

If any of you guys have a new front license plate holder kit that came with your 3 and aren't going to use it I would love to take it off your hands. When I bought my car they didn't give me one and when I went back to get one they said everyone comes with one and if I wanted another one I had to buy it. So if anybody has one laying around and doesn't plan on using it please let me know. Thanks alot.
Welcome to the world of the extremely unhelpful, we-don't care Mazda dealers.You know they have a bunch of them sitting in the back, and their cost has gotta be under $10, but no, they can't give one to someone who just bought a new car from them. Remember their attitudewhen they send you a flier in the mail, inviting you to come in forroutine service ....misleading fliers, by the way, which encourage you to get way more service (at your expense) than is required by your warranty. Read the maintenance charts in your owners manual. Cars do not need to be over-maintained.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

For God'ssake UBM, don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you REALLY feel.

Got a few anger issues w/Mazda dealers, huh? I know what you mean. I have a similar situation w/Good Year.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:03 PM

Anger issues ... legitimate beefs ... its a fine line.

I will say, though, I know Hyundai, Honda and Toyota owners who also find their dealers garbage.But what are you gonna do? You gotta drive something.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:01 PM

Yeah, I used them for a full tank of gas. I waited till I was on fumes to return their questioniare. Only beef, bitches are sitting on my $599 that needs to be returned to me for the lame *** GAP coverage.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

^ ^ ^ HUH? ^ ^ ^

Old 07-25-2007, 01:10 AM

That sounds like some real jargon to me but what ever.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:13 AM

In Missouri we have to have a front license plate its funny though how cops are I owned a corvette for a while before i wrecked it and it had the corvette lincense plate in the front and cops never said anything but if you run around in a tuner car your going to get pulled over i do alot now. It sucks oh by the way if you stick your license plate in your window that doesn't count besides if you get into an accident that license plate could end you or your passangers life so cops will ticket you for sure if its not on the front bumper.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

If you're talking about licence plate decapitation, I know that to be a possiblilty, but a slim one.
I am using industrial strength suction cups... the kind you can't just pull off, but have to peel back to remove. Plus, I think it would take a pretty good hit to the rear to cause the plate to fly backward into the cabin.
Displaying your front plate in the windshield is legal in Texas. I get a lot of looks from the po-po (very satisfying, [sm=lildevil.gif] [sm=guilty.gif] ) but no pull-overs for it.

Quick Reply: Need Front License Plate Holder