Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

My first stone chip

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Default My first stone chip

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]This is a sad day indeed[:@][:@]
So, here I am the other day driving the 401 to work. Slow lane doing 105 kph. Way back from the car ahead of me. (This is how I drive 97% of the time)

Damn gravel hauler coming off the ramp. I merged over to the middle lane to let him in. And what did the &*ker do. Spit stones at me, the ungrateful F*(k.

So I did the only thing I could do, FLOOR IT MAN. The thing was spitted all over the place. So I had to get outa there.

That's how I drive the other 3% of the time. (Dark Lord)

Anyway. 1 chip on the bumper. Very small indeed. The rest washed off. Black under the blue.

So much for hiding it in my garage. (Young kids in drivway with bikes, doh!)

All well, I hear you Virgin, plasic cover on front, I know. Looked into it, did not buy into it. Stone chipped it.

Thats my story of the week.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Default RE: My first stone chip

I dug deeper into the forum.

Do Canadian's get the free touch up paint?

I won't go into detail of where that thread led, but all the senoirs know................

Old 10-18-2007, 08:32 PM

yes chris canadians get the free paint . it comes with it. as i said before this is basically what the dealer told me "Here is a free touch up paint marker for buying a $25000 car from us. haha. i share your pain. now i wasnt on the 401 but rather highway 7 on my way to guelph. had some guy in a truck start having stones come off his car. put one in my damn hood. but got the touchup paint. looks good now go for it

Old 10-19-2007, 10:14 AM

Ya, you will have a lot more chips... the paint chips easier than any car I have owned. My car is less then a year and chips on bumber, hood, and mirrors.
the hood was just what happened to you. Stone hauling truck on highway..

Old 10-20-2007, 08:16 AM

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH A COUPLE MORE. yesterday as im driving home i was behind a gravel truck and im about 30 feet away from the thing. the truck hits a huge bump all of the sudden this gravel spews out of the truck and hits my car because of all of the wind... gets my bumper and hood and my window 3 times.. good news is my window isnt cracked. but i got some chips. arrrrgh i hate dump trucks

Old 10-22-2007, 07:41 PM

Jamie.

What dealer did you buy your steed from. Guelph, Acton, Kitchener or Waterlou.

Somewhere else.

I got mine from Kieswater in Kitchener.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:11 PM

craaaaaaaaaaacton XD. however i live in rockwood so its like kinda closer thne guelph city mazda is. i went to guelph city mazda and saw the mazdaspeed3 in blaaaack... ooooh its sexy. but i do all my dealings with achillies mazda in acton woo. i think i have seen kieswater before. WAIIIIIIIIIIT is it beside the mandarin?!

Old 10-23-2007, 07:38 AM

Yeah. Beside the Manderin.

They have huge inventory.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:31 AM

ha the other day i went to that one. actually it was for a persons birthday party (at the mandarin not the mazda dealership :P) but we had time to kill and i took a little look around the mazda dealership. yeaa they got a huge inventory. its a nice place i thought. bigger then the acton one. in fact there was one that was exactly the same colour as mine there . which one did ytou end up getting chris the GS or the GT?

Old 10-23-2007, 09:03 PM

Blue GS with 16's and sunroof. Sedan. Don't want anything that says GT. Least my insurance does not want...............

Blue, well I've had silver, black, grey. I generally choose black, but my kid likes blue and it's easier to see then silver. I got hit three times in my silver cars. Never in my black or blue cars.....knock on wood.

And Autobox. I am so tired of driving standard. I guess I am getting lazier and tamer as the years go buy.

Seems to be an ok dealer. Service manager their is as young as I am and seems to care.
Can be a busy dealer though.

Quick Reply: My first stone chip