Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

mods that wont break your lease

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Default mods that wont break your lease

Hey!

My 2nd post.. I am thinking about buying a MS3.

What are some of the modifications you can do without breaking your lease? I know you can do wheel/tire package as long as you put the stocks back on before you give it back.

Anything else?

Old 03-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Default RE: mods that wont break your lease

mazdaspeed cold air intake and mazdaspeed exhaust, since they're both from mazda and they wont void ur warranty. also the springs and camber kit..

Old 03-25-2008, 05:18 PM

How much would the CAI cost through the dealership with installation? What about the springs kit?

Old 03-25-2008, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: jbpdog

Hey!

My 2nd post.. I am thinking about buying a MS3.

What are some of the modifications you can do without breaking your lease? I know you can do wheel/tire package as long as you put the stocks back on before you give it back.

Anything else?
ok you said "buy" and then you said "lease" if by lease you mean warrenty then the CAI and exhuast and chamber kit you can do but if you are leaseing the car you can NOT do any modifications to the car or who ever you are leasing the car from will fine you for the repairs to get it back to stock.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:01 AM

Yeah, but if you put it back to stock before you give it back then its fine. Obviously its harder to do when you do a CAI etc.. but you can def. to wheels/tires as long as you keep the old ones.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:55 PM

Just to let you know, there are also Audio companies that will do a full system deck speakers, amps and subs then return it to factory if you want some thump,,,,,,

Old 03-26-2008, 10:47 PM

Well itll have a Bose so I think Ill be ok.. Is there a way to add a amp&subs to the bose w/o splicing wires, etc..?

Old 03-27-2008, 12:37 AM

the bose systems should already have amps you can probably replace them for better ones.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:06 AM

What I am getting at is whether or not the bose stereo has any subwoofer out ports open in the back of the stereo so you can just plug & play

Old 03-27-2008, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

From what I've read, the Bose system is pretty self-contained and has it's own subwoofer. It seems they don't want ppl messing around w/their design so they made it a "closed loop" system. IOWs, no it doesn't have additional speaker/amp outputs.

Quick Reply: mods that wont break your lease