Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

mods for the mazda 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Default mods for the mazda 3

hey i'm new to the sight and have an 08 mazda 3i touring (i think) with a manual transmission.

i'm just curious what some good mods are to the car. mostly i'm just wondering about under the hood type stuff

I want an exhaust system that will provide power but i don't won't it to be loud at idle( so i don't have to get over my exhaust just to hear my stereo at normal cruising!) i want it to be quiet it at idle and loud when you rev or wind it out!! can ya'll help me out here and tell me what you guys think a good exhaust system is.

What are some good headers you can buy that will give you increases in power?

also what do you reccommend more a SRI or CAI because i've heard that some short rams can give some pretty inpressive horsepower gains as good as a CAI so just curious what yalls two cents is about intakes.

i'm not too good about cars and electronics mixed together but are their any chips that can improve performance. gas wise and horsepower and torque gain wise also. do they really have any chips for the 3 out yet?

also anything else that yall think is a good upgrade to the car would be appreciated. basically i just want to get as much horsepower out of the car without having to put a turbo on it. so anything that gains horsepower or torque just throw it in here!!

sorry about all the questions. i'm only 17 and this is my first new car. (i had an old one but it finally gave out.) and i want to do all kinds of stuff to customize it. so anything that you mention will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Default RE: mods for the mazda 3

ok whos puttin in JL amps on here as adds??? thats a bit annoying

Old 04-13-2008, 11:46 PM

hahaha, alright. I'm 19 and I see you joined the noob crew like i did, first thing you can do for free is get your DIS

(Driver Informational System)

1) put your key in the ignition and hold the FM/AMAND CD buttons on for 5 secs
2) then turn the key to the ACC position and it should say like DIS ON
3) turn on the car
4) turn off the car
5) turn on the car again and then press set and you should be ok

Old 04-13-2008, 11:47 PM

another thing would be to get independent fog lights which takes a bit if you solder the thing together (which is better).

you can find this mod on www.mazda3forums.com and just go in the search for the HOW TO: independent fog lights without wires.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:52 PM

SRI are usually for the launch because more air is able to get into engine faster, other than that CAI should be good. From what i seen alot of people use the CAI with an exhaust system. If you want to have a good exhaust system. (Credit to MzdaMike) he says to go with a 2.25 so the car doesn't drone and sound like ****. Anyway If you really want to get power, just remember that your engine is VVT (Variable Valve Timing) so that you can run high and low rpm power AND it is the reason why you sometimes won't get the MPG that the dealer states.

Most of the other things are with lighting and stuff like that. So far I've seen some crazy stuff but if you're interested thats all in the www.mazda3forums.com where you'll find all the things you can do to your car.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:06 AM

thanks for some of the info guys!

Old 02-16-2010, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by EthereaL
hahaha, alright. I'm 19 and I see you joined the noob crew like i did, first thing you can do for free is get your DIS

3) turn on the car
4) turn off the car
what does this do ?. i dont understand iv searched all over and get a striaght answer

Old 02-17-2010, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by EthereaL

3) turn on the car
4) turn off the car
what does the dis even do