Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3/Mazda5 Power Steering recall notification 6010H

Old 01-28-2012, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by zrtmatos
I have a 2007 Mazda 5 that I purchased late in 2006. Any chance this is the same problem I have just started experiencing on mine? I am trying to diagnosis this new issue I am having where the vehicle is suddenly difficult to steer, the steering light comes on and the lights dim down. Alternator, power steering pump or belt? Any thoughts anyone?
Sounds like it's time to take your car into the dealership for the Recall. FWIW, I've got roughly 55,000 miles on my 2009 and have not yet had time to take it in for the Recall; given that I virtually never hold the steering wheel at full lock, I'm hoping to avoid the issue entirely.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Question

Does this affect uk mazda 5 as well or is it usa only?

Old 10-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

It's a national recall for North America, though I'm pretty sure it does not only affect vehicles built for the US & Canada.
You might check your agencies(or Mazda UK) in the UK to find out if there are any outstanding recalls for the Mz5 there.
If you discover that a recall exists, please repost with the information for other members who may find it beneficial.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:54 AM

Ok will check with my Mazda dealer, and report back when they confirn or not about the recall affecting the Uk models too

Old 01-11-2013, 02:18 PM

Got the same notice and got it fixed and of course the dealer had to find something else that i'm not completely convinced of, but can change it if needed.
The motor mount they say is shot, however I see no difference in my car compared to how it was when it was new. I actually made a bet with myself they'd find something. lol

Old 01-12-2013, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by cy131
Got the same notice and got it fixed and of course the dealer had to find something else that i'm not completely convinced of, but can change it if needed.
The motor mount they say is shot, however I see no difference in my car compared to how it was when it was new. I actually made a bet with myself they'd find something. lol
Have them show you its bad, and if they replace it demand to see the replaced part (most places have to by law keep the parts to show the customer upon request). My Saab I used to own had a bad rear mount, did not notice a single thing wrong since there was also a "safety" cable around the mount to catch the engine when the mount DOES fail, only allows the engine to move an inch or so.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

You usually have to inform the service department that you want any old parts that have been replaced before they begin the work.

Motor mounts, especially the RS upper "fluid-filled" one (clearly seen on the LS wth the hood up,) are a known issue. Mine was replaced once while we were still under warranty. Clearly, the fluid had leaked out and the rubber was cracked. I have since gone to a stronger trans mount (aftermarket only) and have had no further issues with it, just a bit more vibrations in the cabin.

Last edited by virgin1; 01-12-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Is your issue continuous or periodic?

Old 01-13-2013, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by MazdaTirol
Have them show you its bad, and if they replace it demand to see the replaced part (most places have to by law keep the parts to show the customer upon request). My Saab I used to own had a bad rear mount, did not notice a single thing wrong since there was also a "safety" cable around the mount to catch the engine when the mount DOES fail, only allows the engine to move an inch or so.
They never replaced and nor have I. I am not convinced it's shot yet. When/if it does, then I'll replace it myself. It's a easy repair. I understand this is an ongoing issue.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:48 AM

I have just called my local Mazda dealer, and asked about this and if there was a recall gave the guy my chassis number, said to hold while he checked for any outstanding recalls, and came back saying there are no outstanding recalls on my Mazda 5.
As Virgin 1 suggested I'm in the UK and thought I should post this info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mazda3/Mazda5 Power Steering recall notification 6010H