Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Heat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Default RE: Mazda3 Heat?

ORIGINAL: Bikerryan

Maybe I should clarify this a bit, its not that the heat gradually warms up or is slow to warm up, its that the fan doesn't kick on until the car decides the engine is warm. At that point the air coming out of the vents is plenty warm, the problem is driving and waiting for the car to turn on the fan. Does that make sense? Is that the normal operation of the heater in a Mazda3s?

Thanks,
You must have the automatic climate control thingy, the manual control doesn't do that.
________
Live sex

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

No Win. He statedsomewhereearlier that he had the std, manualheating system.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1
If it's the std control, and the fan does not spin when cold, then as Virgin said, something does sound right.
could you check fan power supply, fan switch, etc etc? There's an online manual.

http://ozmazdaclub.com/manuals/mazda3techmanual/

________
TakeMeNow cam

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Bikerryan

Maybe I should clarify this a bit, its not that the heat gradually warms up or is slow to warm up, its that the fan doesn't kick on until the car decides the engine is warm. At that point the air coming out of the vents is plenty warm, the problem is driving and waiting for the car to turn on the fan. Does that make sense? Is that the normal operation of the heater in a Mazda3s?

Thanks,
I got exacly that problem lately, i bought that car in 2006 and it's a new problem, so no it's not normal. Anyone got any idea what we should check?

Old 12-11-2007, 12:30 PM

lol.. u said STD.... haha.. sorry.. im being immature again.. lol

Old 12-12-2007, 07:22 AM

It's getting worst for me now sometimes it takes 15 minutes for the fan to work. I'm sure thats a problem that will get common for those mazda 3 since the AC and heating system seems to be the weakest link of that car.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:36 PM

Update:

It's a relay and the part is under warranty for 5 years.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:55 AM

Stan,

Does that mean that you had the dealer replace it and now everything works great? Please clarify so that I can explain to the dealer,

Thanks,

Old 12-22-2007, 08:48 AM

Yeah i went to the dealer, with a new relay everything is back to normal now.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:56 PM

Bad idea!!VERY bad idea. I realize you are leasing your car, D, but running it up to redline (or near) before you have oil tempwill cause excessive wear on bearings, rods bearings,pistons and cylinder walls.You shouldn't even try that until everything is fully up to temp and has had a chance to expand properly.
It sounds like you don't even get your car to that point on your trip to school. If I were you, I'd be keeping the R's down around 3K and less under those circumstances.
I drive mine like that for at least the first 5-8 miles... then beat the crap out of it (if I'm in the mood.)
and also, its not like im racing it all the way to school.
i just slowly accelerate, and shift the gears later.....
but normally, there's no point to it. i wear driving gloves, and warm clothes this time of year....

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Heat?