Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda Fraud?

Old 08-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Default Mazda Fraud?

I leased my Mazda 3 a little over 2 years ago. This weekend I went and looked into trading it in. While at the dealership the saleslady said I had a Mazda 3I. I looked at the original paperwork and I was sold a Mazda 3S which is about $3000 more then the Mazda 3I. So I think they did a switch when they delivered the car. I did not know all this time because the only difference is the size of the engine and it would have the 2.3 on the door.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Old 08-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Default RE: Mazda Fraud?

maybe the sales person is just stupid?

Old 08-04-2007, 10:56 PM

I have the Mazda 3i and paid for the Mazda 3s

Old 08-04-2007, 10:58 PM

either that, or I would demand some money back for the difference. You have the "legal" proof in your possession. I have to write my dumb *** dealer a certified letter this week. I need to get my GAP back since I went with another lender. They were all up my *** calling me everyday.... how did we do? you still satisfied? can we suck your *****? Ok, not the last question but you know what I'm getting at. Now that I'm done with them, they won't return my call about the GAP.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:27 AM

oh, those wonderful mazda dealers ... I could go on and on about how wonderful they are (not) ...

If youdrovethis vehicle for TWO YEARS and did not realize you had the wrong vehicle ... shame on you. You did not notice? I am wondering if this post is a fraud. Who would acquire(lease)the 2.3 edition, and not notice they did not get it?

Old 08-05-2007, 12:46 AM

Shame on me? For what? [/align][/align]I am not really into cars and did not really think about what engine was in it. The only visibledifference inthe 2 cars is the 2.3 that should be on the side. Its not like I paid for a Lexus and have been driving a Ford.[/align][/align][/align]

Old 08-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

There are many differences between the i model and the s. Mostly in appearance (color choices, taillights) andfeatures, and of course the engine you already know about. FYI: I have an s and it did not come w/the 2.3 badges on the sides.
Did your car have power windows and locks? Steering wheel controls? Cruise control? Side skirts? Air conditioning? Alloy wheels? Fog lights? A Base i has none of these, though some can be added as individual options or packages. That should be obvious by the original window sticker.

The dealer should refund some/all of your money, but you should also be more aware of what you're buying. As the old expression goes, "Buyer beware." Simply be more careful next time, and consider this a lesson learned. Remember, no one is going to look out for you in this life except you.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:37 AM

My car does have all you listed but the fog lights. When I do a search on my VIN number it is listed as a Mazda 3i.

You would think the a major car dealership would would at least give you the car you are paying for.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, you would think... but"giving" is not in most American business' vocabulary these days, except as a ploy (advertising) to get you into their business.
Again, I suggest you check the window sticker (and make copies) to see what was standard equipment and what options the car came with. I'm not saying that you don't have an i model, but it might help your case when negotiating a refund.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:21 AM

Check your paperwork....if the VIN# on the paperwork matches the VIN# on your car, you're going to be in a situation of "his word vs. yours" which doesn't hold up in court.

What does your window sticker say the car is? (Might be folded up in your owner's manual.) Did you pay what the window sticker says?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mazda Fraud?