Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 3 2019

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 10:06 AM
Default Mazda 3 2019

Hello,

Experiencing strange sounds with 2.5 engine with mazda 3 2019 hatch. Is it normal that on idle sometimes i gear clicking sounds, or i feel alight vibrations on idle.

Also then i push gas i hear like air moving, not hising sound like a vacuum leak, but its like drawing more air from outside.

Never had an 2.5 liter. Just 2 liter so its strange to me. Maybe its normal?

Old 08-02-2021, 11:13 AM

simply put YES!

Here is my 2018 Mazda 3 2.5. The cell phone was close to the engine so if you didn't know better you would think OMG....LOL trust me it is not as loud as the video recorded.
I hope this makes you feel better.
But if not Go to a MAZDA dealership and ask the service writer to let you hear a couple of MADZA with 2.5's.

Old 08-02-2021, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
simply put YES!

Here is my 2018 Mazda 3 2.5. The cell phone was close to the engine so if you didn't know better you would think OMG....LOL trust me it is not as loud as the video recorded.
But if not Go to a MAZDA dealership and ask the service writer to let you hear a couple of MADZA with 2.5's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaH9mD81Dfk
Yea, the sound is similar. But im also experiencing some rought idle for example then im on incline and on electric brake while releasing brake pedal. Engine shakes a bit harder but just then e brake is on and it wants to move.

Sometimes I even feel slight shaking in cabin.

Also then i press gas, i hear surge of air or gas in intake manifold into engine. Like fast puff sound.

And then I am driving and pushing the car rpms I hear the sound like the car is sucking (not blowing out) air.

Just never had the 2.5 so kinda interesting or its just fine?

Thought it was a vacum leak, but no change in fuel economy or the sound of reving engine. Maybe it just it is how it is? You see in my country there are just 2 liter ones sold

Old 08-02-2021, 12:42 PM

simply put YES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaH9mD81Dfk
Yea, the sound is similar. But im also experiencing some rought idle for example then im on incline and on electric brake while releasing brake pedal. Engine shakes a bit harder but just then e brake is on and it wants to move.

Sometimes I even feel slight shaking in cabin.

Also then i press gas, i hear surge of air or gas in intake manifold into engine. Like fast puff sound.

And then I am driving and pushing the car rpms I hear the sound like the car is sucking (not blowing out) air.

Just never had the 2.5 so kinda interesting or its just fine?

Thought it was a vacum leak, but no change in fuel economy or the sound of reving engine. Maybe it just it is how it is? You see in my country there are just 2 liter ones sold

Old 08-02-2021, 02:40 PM

If it is a hose disconnected without a DTC, something not working like vacuum control vent door or at least attaching a vacuum gauge and watching how it is responding it may me hard to tell.
Really a short posted video may be of some help for us to help you?

Old 08-03-2021, 01:36 PM

Hello,

Posting the video here
the car also idles at 500 rpm sometimes. But the issue is that the engine starts rought idle then i put in to D and e brake is still on.

Old 08-03-2021, 02:14 PM

Sounds like every 2.5 we get in the shop as well my own.
I just took this short video for you!

Last edited by Callisto; 08-03-2021 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-03-2021, 02:25 PM

Sounds like every 2.5 we get in the shop as well my own.
I just took this short video for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaVl2TqmxMk
Yea vut is 500 rpm at idle is normal? And that abnormal engine sound then i put to drive while on e brake?

Also then i floor the car after i release pedal and rpm drops i hear that air sound like from turbo, but there are no turbo in my model

Old 08-03-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Caiterh
Yea vut is 500 rpm at idle is normal? And that abnormal engine sound then i put to drive while on e brake?

Also then i floor the car after i release pedal and rpm drops i hear that air sound like from turbo, but there are no turbo in my model
Ok well I can tell you that if you are looking at the RPM it is a little different that digital numbers from the ECU via the OBII connector with a scan tool.
As for flooring it well that al together animal Q&A... it could be the fuel you are using or the temperature and humidity in the air, also the quality of the fuel you are using.

At this point I cant see anything or hear anything abnormal from what you have posted? Sorry!?

Old 08-06-2021, 06:22 AM

Hmm, I hope I am just worry too mutch. I recorded another video from the cabin, its not really heard so mutch but the sound is definetely there. Idk but on record it is almost not being heard but it is mutch worse. I post it hear maybe youi folks will hear it with headphones. It becomes like tractor sound.

First i wait then RPM drops from the first start of the day. Then put to D (Sound heard on) back to N (Sound disapears) then to R (Sound heard on).

Quick Reply: Mazda 3 2019