Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Default Lowering Springs

I've been looking for some springs to give my car a drop. I'm looking for maybe a 2" drop.

Anybody have any on that they like or would recommend?

I'm looking at these Eibach Springs thatll give it a 1.8 drop

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...QE2744555.html

Old 04-22-2010, 06:57 PM

first off look here http://protegegarage.com/product.php?id_product=521 cheaper, a legit vendor and free shipping, second if your looking for just a better look than yea lowering springs are the way to go BUT its not going to improve handling all that much vs a spring and shock combo, also i can guarantee that 2in drop is way too low, I myself are close to a 2in drop (not by choice) and bumpy roads are just a nightmare esp if its reg public roads.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:36 PM

spring shock combo? You mean like coilovers? Or just replaceing both the springs and shocks?

Old 04-25-2010, 07:00 AM

Here is what my HB looked like with the MazdaSpeed lowering Springs, they are the same as the Eibach Pro Kit.
Name:  EECMMGTGTOTD033.jpg
Views: 4818
Size:  251.4 KB
I didn't hang out on your side of the river that much, but I know down in Clackamas County I would not have been able to get in a lot of places any lower than that.
The Pro Kit is 1.4 in front and 1.2 in back.
BTW those are Stock height tires.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by MazdaAEM
spring shock combo? You mean like coilovers? Or just replaceing both the springs and shocks?
The diff between a spring and shock combo and a coilover kit is that the combo is non adjustable, other than that its the same parts. The other thing you want to look at is if the kit you get is even or uneven drop, an uneven one will prove to be more suited in straight line and a even one will be more useful in cornering. The only time either of these would matter is if your doing the extreme of either turning or high speed straight line in a professional sense. An even drop is just gonna be the better option cuz it looks better and you would want better handling. In case if your wondering i just have springs (first mistake) and the drop is uneven which i HATE. I deciding on if im gonna get a coilover kit or get mazdaspeed struts and road magnet springs.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:44 PM

When the front is dropped a little bit lower then the back, it kinda gives it a sick stance lol
My friend has a dumped VW and it looks amazing.

But good advice! Thanks

Old 04-26-2010, 07:10 PM

uneven height = srt-4 wannabe :P, which is why the car cant turn for crap

Old 04-26-2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Siber Express
Here is what my HB looked like with the MazdaSpeed lowering Springs, they are the same as the Eibach Pro Kit.

I didn't hang out on your side of the river that much, but I know down in Clackamas County I would not have been able to get in a lot of places any lower than that.
The Pro Kit is 1.4 in front and 1.2 in back.
BTW those are Stock height tires.
Yeah I'm looking for a drop that will still allow me to get around easily. My wheels are the 16" stock 08s. Would the drop look like that? How much were the MazdaSpeed springs?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tracker
uneven height = srt-4 wannabe :P, which is why the car cant turn for crap
Don't most springs give an uneven drop though? Or are they dropping it like that to even it out?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:55 PM

They are $422 for the Springs and Camber Links, they are a little more but even with me installing them my Warranty was still good.
http://www.mazdaparts.org/mama3nocar.html

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs