Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Lowering My 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Default Lowering My 3

Hey all, im new here and i couldnt find a post on this....so if there was one prior i apologize. Anyways, i have a2006 3- 5 door. Everything is still stock but i was interested in lowering it a little...i love the look. Any suggestions as to how much i should go? Is 2 inches too much? I dont want to go too far and regret doing it. Any advice will help...thanks!

Old 04-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Default RE: Lowering My 3

Well you should be able to find lots of threads regarding this modification. I would venture to say that most 3 owners that are considering this have several methods but the two most popular avenues are with lowering springs like the Eibach ProKit (there are others) or CoilOver shocks and struts. The springs will lower the car about in a range of 0.5-1.6 inches (check each Mfg) and Coilovers have an adjustable range I'd guess from about 0.5-2" or more. 1.5" seems like a good compromise between handling and ride.

I had Tein Basic Coilovers installed and since it's a daily driver it was lowered about 1.5". It rides tight. Not too harsh but certainly stiffer then stock. Good luck with your search, hope this helps.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:50 PM

i plan on getting the Prokit lowering springs....
so those will lower my car 1.6 in the front, and 1.2 in the rear....
but over time, once the springs settle, it will lowera little more on its own...

Old 04-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Tein H-Techs lower approx 1" all around (0.9 & 1.2 iirc) and the Mazdaspeed spring lower 25-30mm. These are among thechoices of lesser drop/better ride, if you are not looking for too much of a drop and keeping the stock dampers.
2" is pretty extreme for a daily driver. These cars offer little clearence to begin with. Besides, w/that much drop you will also need to invest in adjustable rear camber arms (another $200) so that the suspension may be aligned properly. Plus you can expect faster wear on the OEM dampers too. The more you drop it, thefaster the shocks will go.
Just a little food for thought, but basically it all depends on what you want and what you are willing to put up with (rougher ride and increased wear and tear,) and pay out to get it.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:15 AM

I love my Prokit springs...

Old 04-12-2007, 02:23 AM

I have purchased the Shunk 2 lowering springs and the pro kit cambers. They will be put on this weekend. Can't wait. You should shop around on the net for the lowest price. I went thru Stillen forthe cambers and a authorized shunk 2 dealer for the springs.

Old 04-28-2007, 06:31 PM

Is this a Hard DIY mod? I am thinking about MSpeed Springs and Cambers. But I want to put them on myself.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:55 PM

you need a spring compressor for the front springs..
then you have to dissassembly the fronts, put in the new springs, then re-assemble them...

the rear just drop out

im going to do mine on my own, but in my auto class, so my teacher can help me if i need help...

Old 04-29-2007, 12:24 AM

To put in the camber links you need to be able to lower the rear suspension cradle about 1" in order to get the inner camber link bolt out to replace the links.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:43 PM

Hello, does anyone have a pictures of a MS3 stock vs with spring / coil over.

i'm thinking of installing them however i want to see how it looks.

thank you

Quick Reply: Lowering My 3