Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   Issues with Active Driving Display (Alignment?) (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/issues-active-driving-display-alignment-44242/)

concealedsnipa 04-05-2020 10:39 AM

Issues with Active Driving Display (Alignment?)

Hi all,

I don't know if this issue had been raised. I noticed an issue with my Active Driving Display, the alignment seems messed up. I can't see the speed properly with my normal driving position, I tried adjusting the height (lowest and maximum on the settings with no success) - I can barely see it if I do the maximum setting and adjust my seat to an upright position, but this was never the case before.

I tried resetting the setting as well as the whole console.

Is there a fix to this? as I do not know how this issue came about. Is it even an alignment issue?

grim_reaper 04-06-2020 07:28 AM

Do you have a dash mat?

What series Mazda 3 do you have? Does it run the flip up screen or windscreen projection?

concealedsnipa 04-06-2020 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper (Post 182514)
Do you have a dash mat?

What series Mazda 3 do you have? Does it run the flip up screen or windscreen projection?

I have a the 2014 with the plastic flip. It was definitely working before but for some reason there appears to be a problem with the alignment.
I do not have a dash mat

grim_reaper 04-07-2020 04:46 AM

When the car is turned off, does the plastic flap sit flush with the dash? or is it up slightly?

Try disconnecting the battery for a hour, and see if it resets.

concealedsnipa 04-08-2020 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper (Post 182545)
When the car is turned off, does the plastic flap sit flush with the dash? or is it up slightly?

Yeah it does sit flush. I will definitely try and disconnect the battery as soon as I get home from work and will let you know.
Thank you for the suggestion.

Update:
Disconnecting the battery seemed to have resolved the problem.
Thank you so much mate. Have a good day :)

Kelvin Mah 03-23-2021 08:59 AM

HUD display position problem

Originally Posted by grim_reaper (Post 182514)
Do you have a dash mat?

I just put a dash mat and it was ok the first day. Problem started the second day and the HUD display went to the bottom(-2) and even I adjusted to the highest height, it’s still stays very low, I can’t see the numbers properly. So dash cover mat affected the HUD display position? Wondering was the combiner screen pop up too much? Or the dash mat cover affected the display?

Kelvin Mah 03-23-2021 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kelvin Mah (Post 192900)
I just put a dash mat and it was ok the first day. Problem started the second day and the HUD display went to the bottom(-2) and even I adjusted to the highest height, it’s still stays very low, I can’t see the numbers properly. So dash cover mat affected the HUD display position? Wondering was the combiner screen pop up too much? Or the dash mat cover affected the display?

Problem solved, thanks anyway. Figured out thae screen alignment was wrong. I removed and install back the ROOM fuse and the screen went back to the correct alignment.

3bdullhibra 05-26-2022 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper (Post 182545)

Hi there, I have the same issue but the flap doesn’t sit flush. Any recommendations to fix this?