Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Intake and Performance Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Default Intake and Performance Exhaust

I recently just bought an 07 2.3L mazda 3 hatchback and I want to start modding it. I've been doing some research on intakes and performance exhausts but I don't know what is good and what to get. If some people could give me some advice and help on what intakes and exhausts are good for my car and will fit. Also, if anyone lives near Yorba Linda, CA (Orange County) and knows some good shops around here that do this type of stuff, that would be great if you will let me know about them. Thanx

Old 04-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Intake and Performance Exhaust

Currently, I'm running a stock OEM airbox that's been modified and using the K&N panel filter.
If you can swing the $$$, may I suggest to you the Vibrant exhaust. It is SS, 4" outlet, has a nice mellow low tone that's not in the least bit droney (if that's really a word. I have my doubts,) , and already comes complete w/a high-flow cat. Plus, it bolts together using flanges instead of clamps as so many others do. This baby will NEVER blow apart. It's street legal (though I don't know about Ca.) w/a db level of 84.
I installed mine in my gravel driveway in less than an hour and a half. Just watch the heat shield. That sucka' is SHARP!!!

You will need both however. One w/o the other won't do you much good.

http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l1...g1-Vibrant.flv

Name:  Picture009W.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  52.1 KB

Old 04-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

BTW: Love your sig. [sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bling.gif]

Old 04-14-2007, 12:34 AM

Haha Thanx ^^ . I'll look into the Vibrant exhaust that you suggested and research it. Thanx for the advice and I'd like to hear from other people

Old 04-14-2007, 04:28 AM

ive been running a setup with the aem cold air intake and a custom 2.25inch exhaust w/ a 4inch outlet for two and a half years now. im thoroughly pleased with the results.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Lupae3s

ive been running a setup with the aem cold air intake and a custom 2.25inch exhaust w/ a 4inch outlet for two and a half years now. im thoroughly pleased with the results.
The thing is my 07 mazda 3 2.3L is a little different than the 04-06 engine (I found that out first hand trying to install a weapon r secret weapon intake for a 04-06 and it didn't fit my 07 by 2 inches). Also my friend told me that they don't have very many intakes out for 07 2.3L mz3 so I was wondering if anyone knows about any that are good.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:45 PM

there are actually quite a few intakes for themazda3.... AEM (or mazdaspeed), seem to be the best, but im sure most company's will have an intake kit, cuz these mazda3's are getting really popular.....

and the exhaust actually sounds pretty sick....

oh, and btw,
hatchbacks<sedans
manual>automatic

Old 04-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: dentinger
oh, and btw,
hatchbacks>>>>>sedans
manual>>>>>>>>>>auto matic
[sm=love.gif]

Old 04-15-2007, 04:43 PM

Yeah, I have and 04 2.0L SEDAN AUTO-STICK lol Bombz racing intake with OBX racing header custom 2.5 in custom exhaust from the block back, No resonator and muffler relocation and a sunpro voltage stablizer.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:24 PM

I have an Injen Cold Air Intake for an 04-06 Mazda 3 for sale ($100) I installed it myself, but removed it when I traded in my car for an 07 Mazdaspeed3. The air intake doesn't work in the 07 Mazdaspeed3, so I'm looking to sell it. Email if you're interested! G_Rossney@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: Intake and Performance Exhaust