Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

if you didnt buy your 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Default RE: if you didnt buy your 3

Most automatic trannys are problematic.
Maybe, but all other cars I have owned were fine...plus, the TL's have severe problems with there trannys...

Old 10-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

You can be a-pean right now, D! Just find a tree or something....
It's not good to hold it in that long, y'know?

Old 10-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: icspots
'05 Saab 9-2x
Ah, Man!! Swedish cars just ain't what they used to be. I used to LOVE my Volvo's and Saab's, but since GM and Ford (or is that Frod) took over... their whole philosophy seems to have changed, and not for the better, imo.
Saab's have lousy reliability, and are extremely expensive to repair, from what I've been reading... not that I go out of my way any more. Basically, Igave up on the Swedes.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:32 PM

basically nowadays want a reliable car get a honda or a toyota. . The TL's had so many problems with the Transmission. 5 trannies in my fathers car. i think thats alot. you know what car i reallllllly wanted though. call me rice 2001 honda civic SI black with gold painted emblems.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:34 PM

Id say 5 trannys in a car is not good reliability! ha ha...

Old 10-01-2007, 03:41 PM

lol oh ya i know eh. but that car was so good just the trannies sucked big

Old 10-01-2007, 08:53 PM

Either the Civic, or the Pontiac Vibe (a Toyota with cooler styling than the Matrix).

I wasn't thrilledwith the Civic's unusual dashboard gauge configuration, and re: theVibe,I wanteda four door with a trunk (not a covered back area).

Old 10-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Lev

I'm going to sound like a brat but my dad bought my car and his first choice was a honda civic special edition. this was back in 05. I hate hondas and kept refusing to even get in the car because i hated it so much. Everyone has a honda, im suprised its not the number 1 selling car brand in america yet. The guy was giving good numbers too but it was a honda. The only car i had in mind was my beautiful mazda 3. Since i saw the first commercial in 04 i fell in love with it.So no other car caught my eye.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:10 PM

if i hadnt gotten a 3, i would have gotten a vw gti! anyone trying to buy my 3...? message me if youre interested.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Lev

I'm going to sound like a brat but my dad bought my car and his first choice was a honda civic special edition. this was back in 05. I hate hondas and kept refusing to even get in the car because i hated it so much. Everyone has a honda, im suprised its not the number 1 selling car brand in america yet. The guy was giving good numbers too but it was a honda. The only car i had in mind was my beautiful mazda 3. Since i saw the first commercial in 04 i fell in love with it.So no other car caught my eye.
'Sounds like a love story.

A long time ago I had a similar experience: My mother and this salesman were trying to get me into a Pinto and then a Vega. I knew they were both POS's and refused to even drive them, as you did.
I had my eye on a Datsun pick-up. I bought the truck and it turned out to be a pretty cool little vehicle. Even made some money using it as a sample pick-up vehicle for a lab I worked for a little later on. By that time it had good tunes and a power antenna. Whoa! Stylin'!!!!

Quick Reply: if you didnt buy your 3