Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

How many tickets have you gotten with your Mazda 3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Lev
Default How many tickets have you gotten with your Mazda 3?

I just want to get a jist of how many tickets people have gotten in this car. I have a little too much fun with mine, and its cost me. I just got pulled over for going 71mph in a 55. That was after i pressed the brakes. I will start the count. This is my 20th ticket in this car. The two tickets i get the most are speeding and aggressive lane change. A lot of time i get them in pairs. How many tickets have you gotten, and what for?

Old 05-26-2010, 04:22 PM

Two

55 in a 45.
50 in a 35.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

One, my first and only speeding ticket ever (37 yrs of driving.... legally that is.)

76 in a 65. Cop made it 75 in a 65. What a break that was.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:27 PM

I once even ran it against a State Trooper on a twisty road, he was impressed.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:28 PM

I think 6, thats counting the one i just got last monday, all speeding, the worst was 105 in a 65....i had to pee. Suspended once (still drove), been on PBJ for a year (just got removed beginning of this year), been to driving school twice.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

My wife would kill me if I spent that much money on tickets, not to mention feeling pretty sh*tty about it myself.
Me thinks you guys need to slow down a bit, or at least pay more attention to where the cops are.
When I got mine, I had just passed two slower than the speed limit cars (45 & 50mph in a 65,) and didn't even realize I was speeding. My car was pretty new to me then and I was just cruising, or so I thought. Gotta' watch them motorcycle cops (5 of 'em actually) most of all.

Last edited by virgin1; 05-26-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:31 PM

driving that slow bores me, i tried obeying the speed limits in my other vehicle and after 7months i couldnt stand it anymore, it actually puts me to sleep driving a consistent speed, i need to constantly vary speed 10-15 over and back to limits for a few. Even though i speed (still) i ALWAYS check my mirrors and use my turn signals even if there is no one around me, i made it a habit to use em all the time.

Here is an interesting theory that for the most part seems to be true, people with slower cars tend to drive faster, while the ones with faster ones drive a little slower, now i know thats not completely true, just think of that example the nest time you go on a cruise with a group, pay attention to the ones that speed all the time, and the ones who speed on long straights.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Lev

Siber: I wish the troopers that pulled me over were impressed with my driving. One made me stand outside my car for no reason. I just stared him down and busted his chops.

Richard: It would have been a real blessing if the cop dropped the ticket. I had one trooper pull me over for doing 81 in a 65, but he just gave me a seat belt violation. Then 8 hrs later i got another ticket for 65 in a 45, but he dropped it to 59. He also didn't show up in court, and the whole ticket was dropped.

Tracker: DAAAYUM!!!!! 40 over and triple digits! All for good reason :-D. I feel the same way about driving slow. If you drive the same route everyday at the same speed with the same traffic, it gets very mundane. I have noticed that faster cars do drive slower. I often noticed that people who opted for the bigger engine, in any car, drive slower. I was behind a new V8 explorer, and the guy was doing 10 under. It was going through my head, "why did you get the bigger engine if you're going to drive so damn slow!" He probably needed the car for towing. Then I was behind a V6 Camry going 10 under too! There have been plenty of others. People, people please use the power you payed extra for.
I'd like to state that although I do get a lot of tickets, I am not an ******* driver, and I am careful. I always use my blinkers. I've had cops say that i didn't. I argue to them that i did, because I DO. Never once have I gotten a no blinker ticket. I am courteous to most other drivers. I sit upright and have have my hands at ten and two on the steering wheel. I don't talk or text on the phone, I'm not important. I always check my mirrors and my surroundings. I just have the need, the need for SPEEEEEEEED!!!

Old 05-27-2010, 06:59 PM

i think that speeding tickets should be downgraded in points and cost if your not also hit with reckless driving, driving w/o a seatbelt etc. I always try to be as safe as i can while speeding, i make sure the lane is clear, i NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER pass on the shoulder, although i only have one hand on my steering wheel im not sitting so far back that i cant see over the steering wheel (i want to punch people in the face who drive like that), and i stop (not roll) at every red light and stop sign.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Tracker
driving that slow bores me, i tried obeying the speed limits in my other vehicle and after 7 months i couldn't stand it anymore, it actually puts me to sleep driving a consistent speed, i need to constantly vary speed 10-15 over and back to limits for a few. Even though i speed (still) i ALWAYS check my mirrors and use my turn signals even if there is no one around me, i made it a habit to use em all the time.

Here is an interesting theory that for the most part seems to be true, people with slower cars tend to drive faster, while the ones with faster ones drive a little slower, now i know thats not completely true, just think of that example the nest time you go on a cruise with a group, pay attention to the ones that speed all the time, and the ones who speed on long straights.

My theory is that when a person driving a low or downright underpowered vehicle, once they get up to speed they do not want to have to stop or slow for anything.

Originally Posted by Lev
Richard: It would have been a real blessing if the cop dropped the ticket. I had one trooper pull me over for doing 81 in a 65, but he just gave me a seat belt violation. Then 8 hrs later i got another ticket for 65 in a 45, but he dropped it to 59. He also didn't show up in court, and the whole ticket was dropped.

I'd like to state that although I do get a lot of tickets, I am not an ******* driver, and I am careful. I always use my blinkers. I've had cops say that i didn't. I argue to them that i did, because I DO. Never once have I gotten a no blinker ticket. I am courteous to most other drivers. I sit upright and have have my hands at ten and two on the steering wheel. I don't talk or text on the phone, I'm not important. I always check my mirrors and my surroundings. I just have the need, the need for SPEEEEEEEED!!!
Notice I didn't say that I was never before pulled over for speeding, just that this was my first ticket. Actually, I was probably pulled over between 10 and 12 times before, just never given a ticket for it.
I too check my mirrors, use my turn signals even when no one else is around to notice, constantly scan the turf, NEVER, EVER talk on the cell phone (if I even have it with me, which itself is rare,) ALWAYS wear my seat belt (if its good enough for the pros.... I wish I could get my wife to feel the same way,) etc.
I have this nightmare that one day we'll be driving along and get into a bad accident. I will survive w/little or no injury while she will be killed. Part of me will feel that it was her own d*mned fault for being so d*mned stubborn, while the other part of me will feel guilty about it for the rest of my life. I feel helpless to stop her from being her own worst enemy.
I've been wearing belts since the early '60's when my mother bought a new '64 Dodge Dart 25th Anniversary Edition that came w/lap belts. (175ci Slant 6, 3-sp on the tree, no reverse lights. They were extra/optional. )

Quick Reply: How many tickets have you gotten with your Mazda 3?