Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

HID Installed today!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Lev
Default RE: HID Installed today!

Thanks, i will take a look at it. How would i go about fixing it?

Old 02-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Y'know I've read your posts (Lev) about the vibrating headlight issue and have tried for you to figure out what it might be, besides the stupid clips. This answer/solution is so simple that I completely overlooked the possibility and it just might be the problem?
If you "grab" the headlight assem, does it shake and/or feel loose?
Why not do some exploratory surgery and see what you can see... or feel?

edit: And to answer your question, I would say that the first step is to remove the bumper cover. That will uncover anything that might be loose... except the stupid clips, and at least give you access to anything that seems loose or wrong. I've not heard (read) about anyone that had this problem where the "clip" wasn't the culprit... including me!! But usually it's just a matter of finding out how the clip installs. You say you've doner all that so.....
Take some time and do it. Removing the cover (or front "facia" as I've recently heard it called) is a little time consuming till you figure out the what's, why's and wherefores, but it really isn't that hard. You CAN'T screw it up.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Lev

I was going to remove the bumper, but it's been too cold to work outside. I was going to see if the screws were loose for the projector beam of if anything eles was loose. I want to do this now, but I'm going to wait until spring arrives.It looks like 2.0mazda08 lives in south florida so he was able to work outside. Thanks for the help

Old 02-19-2008, 12:07 PM

yep i can work anytime! ...well almost...sometimes it feels like its 300 degrees outsideso that makes you think twice.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:02 PM

Those clamps are such a pain. It took me forever to figure out how the hell that thing is supposed to lock down a few days ago. The good thing, they are very very tight and aint going anywhere.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:43 PM

i feel my HID's arent birght enough...how would i find out if they are bright enough....might be a dumb question but i dont let anyone drive my car......the HID's claim to be 5k but when i pull up next to people that have 4300 or so and 5k should be just as white my lights look like around 6k-8k or have a purple shade to it i'll post some pics if i can...but when my friends look at it they say its white...or maybe im asking for too much and there fine and its just me.. i'll post some pics soon

Old 02-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Lev

I did a little test with the bumper. Ibanged on the bumper and the lights shook.I then banged on the headlamp unit and the lights did NOT shake. How the hell does a bumper makethe headlights shake????? I am finally glad i have a starting point because this has been a problem for 2 years.

2.0,I looked at your photo and can tell you your lights are not 8k. If the projector looks purple then it might be 6k. When i had my 6k in, the projector was purple. When you're behind the wheel, does the light output look yellow or white? My 5ks are yellow and look like reallybright halogens. You can also stand outside the car andlook at the glare on theground at night. If you see yellow, then it's 5k but if it looks white then it's probably 6k. I had a problem with my previous kit and the seller kept giving me 6k bulbs when i kept asking for 5k bulbs. Those were from xenonpros.com which i mentioned before not to use. I got mynew kit from www.thexenonstore.com and theygave me the5k bulbsI asked for. Also, where in florida do you live? I used to live in hallandale beach, just north of N. miami beach.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mmmmm. They did the same thing to a friend of mine about 2 yrs ago. You'd think they would know the difference between 5 and 6K's??
Maybe they're have more 6K's than they want in stock and are trying to dump them on who ever will settle for them??

About the headlights: WEIRD?? I think the headlamps actually attach to the radiator support on one side and the fender on the other.Perhaps try shaking the rad support from behind and see what that does for you?
This is definitely not normal. You've got a one-off, I'd say, Lev.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Lev

DAMN IT!!!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 05:58 PM

Sent you a pm. Don't know the rules about cross site posts.

Quick Reply: HID Installed today!