Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

HID Flickering

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Default HID Flickering

I was wondering if anyone else has run across the flickering problem with their HID's. I have the Apexcone 35Watt 6000k kit. My driver side is the only side flickering. I have no idea what is causing it, but I'm pretty sure someone on here does.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HID Flickering

I have read that HIDs kits are very sensitive to having a good ground.You might want to recheck your connections.
Either that, or a defective ballast?

Old 12-22-2008, 05:22 AM

Good God I hope it isn't a defective ballast. I'll double check the ground when I get up and get to a garage. Its 2 degree's out and feels like -14 outside. I also got my LED eyelids on Saturday, but I do not want to be outside for more than 5 minutes lol.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

So do I!! Upon YOUR advice, I ordered the Apexcones, 55w, 6000k H7"s and 35w, 5000k H11"s!!
I expected my eyelids by Saturday too, but came up empty handed.
Also don"t know where my HID kits are. According to their website, they haven"t even shipped them yet??? Pretty lousey service... Oh and they bumped the price up @ the checkout too.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

So do I!! Upon YOUR advice, I ordered the Apexcones, 55w, 6000k H7"s and 35w, 5000k H11"s!!
I expected my eyelids by Saturday too, but came up empty handed.
Also don"t know where my HID kits are. According to their website, they haven"t even shipped them yet??? Pretty lousey service... Oh and they bumped the price up @ the checkout too.
They bumped the price up?!?!?!? They didn't do that to me at all. The kit I'm talking about was from RPM. The place we ordered from, Richard, is a wholesaler, so it takes a while because they don't have anything in stock. They ship on a first come first serve basis. When I got mine from them, both of my bulbs were dead...I called them and he sent me the RMA label by email, which I have to print out and do everything with, but the gentleman was very nice and supposedly the warranty guy is pretty quick with the turn around. Since I'm too impatient, I'm just going to order bulbs from somewhere else instead of wait.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I ordered from DDM Tuning, the link you included in your post here and when I was nearly done w/the checkout process a message came up stating that the invoice "reflected a change in prices," about +$5.00/kit. I thought that kind of sneaky, but they had me.
They never reply to their e-mails either, stating that, and I quote:
"Emails are currently backed-up. If you need an urgent reply or have a question that is time sensitive. Please call us. M-F 9-5PM PST.
NOTE: Cancellations and requests for change are not accepted via e-mail. Requests of this nature will be ignored. If you are emailing for order status, we will send you an invoice with tracking once your order ships from our warehouse. The online status update on our website will not give you a tracking number.

Warranty Questions: Please read
http://ddmtuning.com/info.html

858-565-1742

"All good things come to he who waits."
This is the second time I have tried in 3 weeks and have gotten this message from their e-mail system.
Don"t get me wrong though, I was just kidding w/you before. I don"t blame you... really....
"Ya" payz your money and ya" takes your chances," I guess? I have some time off at the end of this week and weather permitting I was hoping to get them installed... but I have to GET them first.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:48 PM

Give them a call. That's what I had to do. I never got a message stating a price change. It usually takes about a week to get them.

Old 12-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Lev

Hey Virg. you finally got a set of HIDs? You're going to have to post a new pic of your baby with her eyes open. As for the flickering, I haven't had this problem with the two different kits i've had. I have put one kit into my brother's car, and it happened. There was a bad connection with the socket and prongs, so that should be the first place to check.

Old 12-26-2008, 05:28 PM

After letting it set overnight that night, it hasn't flickered since. I'm hoping once my new fog HID bulbs get here that they won't be doing the same thing. I can't see them doing that, simply because it isn't the prong connection. Yea Richard, I finally gave in and ordered a set of bulbs from RPM, since they are the only people I trust on this board. They've been great to me so far, and very professional and curtious.