Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Hello! New Member Here, Need Price Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 01:35 AM
Default Hello! New Member Here, Need Price Help

Hey guys, I am new here.

I don't own a mazda yet, I am a 10 year veteran of several web forums for my 96 Grand Am Coupe though.

I am looking at buying a new Mazda 3 GS Sedan on the weekend. I am located in Ontario, Canada and I was wondering if anybody knew the Dealer Cost for this vehicle? I would be so grateful if you could help me out here and save me 2 hours of negotiating.

Here is the MSRP numbers :

2006 model in GS trim package $18,000.000

4-speed Sport mode Automatic Transmission $1,000.00

Air conditioning with micron air filter $1,000.00

Mazda Added Protection : 48 MONTHS / 100,000 KM $455.00

Freight & PDE : $1,195.00

PST : $1,732.00

GST : $1,515.50

Purchase Total : $24,897.50

Without even asking the salesman was down to $24 all in when we were just out looking at cars.

Thanks Guys,

I look forward to being a major part of this community !!

Old 02-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Default RE: Hello! New Member Here, Need Price Help

are you sure its a gs or a gt.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:21 PM

Yeah it's just one of those little differences between the US and Canadian Versions. Most companies do this for some annoying reason.

Here is a quick breakdown of the 3 Canadian versions of the Madza 3 Sedan.

The GX is the base model

The GS is just a Trim package added to the GX. You get this... (seems to be well worth the extra $1400)

• GX Features Plus • 15" Alloy wheels
• Map lamp • Glove box lock
• Front rain sensing wipers • Auto light control
• Illuminated entry • Front seat tilt & lift (lever type)
• Lumbar support • Power door lock
• Remote keyless entry • Trip computer
• 4 speakers • Body coloured side protector and door handles
• Steering wheel mounted audio controls

The GT is the top of the line model

Old 02-22-2006, 02:20 PM

I wish in the US the base model had power door locks and rain sensing wipers. The base model here is "i" version. A/C is not even standard on it, no power options. in regards to pricing, i would pm 6pack, he is in Canada as well and could probably help you out.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:49 PM

yeah its hard to help you with pricing since i dont live in Canada. Ask 6pack

Old 02-22-2006, 06:01 PM

Cool, thanks...

I will try PMing him.

The local Honda dealers seem to be tripping over each other to sell me the Civic. I have one in at 23,800 and another in at 23,600. Which is amazing considering none of them wanted to budge much from the 25,400 calculated from full MSRP. Now that I thanked them for their time and said I was buying a Mazda 3....poof they slash the prices

I am just going to use these offer as leveridge at the local Mazda dealership, where my dad's cousin works. But I had a feeling he was trying to take me for a ride....and now I know he was

I should be into my Mazda 3 for roughly $23 all in, hopefully within the next week or so. I know they will still be making money on the deal, but I consider $1900 off a price decent.

Old 02-23-2006, 01:45 AM

if you care i bought mine for ~$12, no bs, its the with just power windows, power locks, and A/C.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:40 PM

Yeah with the Canadian/US exchage I would love to be able to drive the 1 hour to Buffalo and buy myself a cheap new American car. But there are laws preventing me from doing this

When the exchange is down in the $1.15 Canadian to buy $1 US range, believe me....I support your economy very well Just like you guys support ours when the exchange is in the $1.50 range

Old 02-23-2006, 02:48 PM

I like Japan better than us

Old 02-27-2006, 12:11 PM

Well people, wish me luck.....

I have set an appointment Wednesday afternoon at Honda to test drive the Civic minus my fiancee because she will be at work. She doesn't drive anyways, so it's not much of an issue. I will attempt to get the 23,600 ish price in writing on an offer sheet after the test drive.

Then after I pick up my fiancee we have an appointment at the Mazda dealership to test drive a Mazda 3 Sedan GS Edition. The 4 they have on the lot have the "Power Package" but I am going to attempt to negotiate on the car that I want, knowing that they will try to steer me towards the product on their lot in the end. Hey, I gotta let the guy atleast feel like he is doing his job

If the price is right on the Mazda 3, I will be in the Financing room and on my way to being the owner of the newest member of this club

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Hello! New Member Here, Need Price Help