Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Halo/angle eyes!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Default Halo/angle eyes!

I WANT THEM! but where can i get them for a good price? ive look on ebay but im kinda leary about it unless someone on here can reassure me.

where else can i get them? and ive seen a few wright ups on installing these but none of them seem to go into detail about wireing or bumper removal. can anyone refer me to a good wright up on instal and wireing? any help is appreciated thanks!

Old 05-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

I personally purchased mine from rpm (I think it's revolutionperformance.com). I got them there because: A) I had a gift certificate, and B) because they offered a lifetime warranty. There are tons of people on the forums who have purchased the ebay halos without any issues, and honestly at ~$20 it's not like you couldn't just buy a whole second set should you have any issues.

For install check out krystm's walkthrough here. He has separate links to bumper removal, headlight disassembly, etc. listed in this walkthrough. Krystm's Garage – Mazda 3 Mods and More! » Tutorial: Angel Eye Install

For how to wire it it depends on how you want the halos to come on. Do you want them to come on automatically with the ignition and stay on with the car at all times? Do you want them to come on with your parking/head lights? Do you want them on a switch? Pretty much if you tell us how you want them to operate then we can tell you how to hook them up.

The install is involved and requires you to be patient and take your time, but all in all is a pretty easy job if you don't rush yourself. I highly recommend using clear RTV silicone (pretty sure that's what he used in the walkthrough) vs. epoxy, etc. I used epoxy the first time I installed mine and had one halo constantly pop off before we could get the lights back together. Then I had a halo crap out 24 hours after the install and I had to remove it....... yeah, so epoxy works really well because it was a big PITA to remove that one. When I replaced it I used the silicone. It went on more easily, dried more quickly and is removable should I need to pull them later.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:24 AM

^+1000

Old 05-03-2011, 12:43 PM

alright sounds good ill take a look at that and i want them to come on when i start the car or with the driving light i dont want them on a switch. so which ever one is easier either driving lights or on start up

and thanks a lot for the quick reply!

Old 05-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

If you want them on with the car then there's a spot in the engine bay fuse box you can tap which will make them hot with the ignition. I believe that's the spot krystm used in his walkthrough.

As far as with driving lights..... are you referring to the parking lights? If so do you want them on with the parking lights, or do you want them on instead of the parking lights? If the former it's a simple matter of tapping the parking light hot wire and grounding the other wire. If the latter you do the same thing but also remove the parking light lamp and cover the connection for the parking light filament with electrical tape. The contact for the turn signal is still fine and will work normally. Then when you turned your headlights to the first position the angel eyes would come on.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:18 PM

wow thanks so much for the link that helps alot! now once i get payed i will order my halos them when my hid get delivered i will install both !!

Old 05-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Yup, definitely easy to do both at the same time. Just remember to take your time. It helps to have another person with you when you're doing it (especially if they've disassembled the lights previously). Also make sure not to have anything scheduled later in the day that you need to be at (specifically if it means you have to drive at night), that way you don't rush to finish it. Have fun and let us know if you have any questions.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:00 PM

aright i will do! i just ordered them yesterday so they should get here about the same time as my hids. also i just did the independent fog light mod lastnight and i think its gunna look pretty sick with the halos!!

Old 05-14-2011, 01:46 AM

well i finally got my angle eyes installed after 5 hours and when i turned the car on and walked around to the front and saw that sexy blue glow coming from the driver side i was so happy lol and then when i looked at the passesnger side and only saw one glowing ring that was instantly gone... all that work for nothing... and i tryed everything to get it to work checked all the wireing and everything but no go... so after scratching my head till 4am i just desided to unplug one ring on the driver side so it didnt look like my car was winking and call it a night

the next day i emailed the seller that i bought the kit from on ebay and they are sending me out a new ring so i guess i cant be to upset since i only payed 25 bucks for the kit and actully even with getting one defective ring i would still rate this buy a 8.5 out of 10 and the only reason it isnt a 10 out of 10 is because of the install time.

when i received the kit in the mail after about 4/5 days and opened it, it was a very professionaly put together kit came with erverything you need aven instructions and a thank you letter all packaged very well. and even tho i had a problem with one ring the seller resolved the problem very quikly

so for now ill just ride around with 2 halos instead of 4 lol

but even with just the 2 it look soooo sexy lol essecialy one i turn the car off anf they glow for another 30 seconds lol

to anyone looking to do this mod it is well worht the 35 shipped i payed ofr it and the 5 hours it took to intall it

plus im the only mz3 in the cincinnati area that ive seen with halos lol

oh and btw the state trooper that pulled me over lastnight liked them too lol got me out of a ticket lol

Old 05-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Did you installed them using the "supplied doublestick tape?"
If so, and when you get the new ring, redo them using clear silicone to install the rings. Many others have made that mistake and had the tape turn brown in a year. It's unsightly.

And what did you do to deserve a ticket???? (I can guess....) Bad Boy.

Quick Reply: Halo/angle eyes!