Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

First photos of our 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Default First photos of our 3

The cars is nowhere near complete, but then again we've only had it a week. Very near future (like next week) upgrades include an OE wing, OE fogs, HID conversion, CAI and adding cruise. I bought the wheels , ahd the tires at my shop and welded the exhaust set up myself. let me know what you guys think.
Name:  3002crop.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  55.3 KB

Name:  3005crop.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  58.5 KB

Name:  3006crop.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  3007crop.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  53.7 KB
Name:  3003crop.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  55.4 KB

Old 03-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Default RE: First photos of our 3

the wheels are pretty nice. whats the brand / size / weight? yer exhaust came out pretty clean. good job.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:02 PM

They're 17" ADR's. 22.5lb each. The exhaust was real simple, just took time to make sure I got it even on both sides, well worth it though.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Damn, Dude!!! That is the W-I-D-E-S-T picture I have EVER seen!!!!

I have to agree! When you said you had made a dual exhaust, I really wondered about it, but itlooksgood! I guessif the Mazda6 w/the 2.3L can haveduallies, why not a 3 w/the 2.0, right?

Those are ADR rims from eBay, or the like, right?

Anyway, my suggestions... lose the moldings, lose the red tails (for the clear/black, or LED,) add a Sharkfin, lose the "3" and add an Axela, and ya' got it!!!

Is it a 5-sp or ATX?

Oh, and a LED third from the Xenon Store is also in order. DO NOT SMOKE the tails.... please!!!!

Nah Man, it looks good!!

And also BTW: I really like your sig quote (sanity correspondence.) . I even stole it and quoted it at work the other day... but I gave you credit for it.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:02 PM

It is an ATX, like I said, wifes car.They are indeed ebay adr's. Got the look I wanted with a price I liked even more. the red tails are already on the short list to be replaced. One is actually cracked so the black/clear will take their place soon. no smoked tail on the horizon for me, too dangerous for what will someday carry around my kids. The 3" is what I went with because I've never had good luck with shark fins and if the old lady loses her radio reception I'll never hear the end of it. Oh, and the axela badge has already been ordered. You can't read it but the 3rd has a zoom-zoom overlay. Gotta keep it cute enough so i can sqeeze in the good stuff without resistance. The sig quote is actually a lyric from onf of my favirote bands. A sentiment I've often shared.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:14 PM

that looks nice...how did you go about the dual set up. Doesn't it look kind of wiered since our bumpers only have one arch in it and the other side is flat. Those rims look good on the car. All you need is tint to complete the look. Virgin why did you say don't black the tails out.....i was thinking about doing that to mine. I wanted to black the tails on mine.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:37 PM

If you look closely you'll see I cut an arch in the other side. I just traced the factory arch, flipped the template over and marked that mirror image on the other side using the black portion of the bumper as reference. If you didn't know it wasnt factory you could never tell. It definitely needs tint also. Thats in the works for the next month or so.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:13 AM

u needa lower it is what u need to do

Old 03-30-2008, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

The picture is a little on the dark side, but Isaw you had created a cut-out for the new exhaust tip and from what I can see, it looks good,OG. Really nice work!!
I too often feel those sentiments. Married and working will do that too ya'.

I meant to not smoke tint the tails. It may look cool but is extremely dangerous, not to mention illegal in most places. The tails in our cars can be hard to see in the first place (notthe best design, imo,) adding dark tint to them only makes that situation worse. Mine are not tinted and I've already had ppl tell me I had a tail/brake light out when there was nothing wrong... especially those that drive trucks and SUV's.
Add tot that, a local club member here had a 3HB and got rear-ended by an F-150. He had smoked tails. When the car was fixed he did not smoke them again. Lesson learned... the hard way.

Now on the other hand, here in TX you only need two rear RED reflectors. So I was able to "white-out"the side reflectors and get away w/that. I did use white reflective tape so they are still useful for marking the car, and it blends in better w/the car than the red ones did.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:30 AM

ORIGINAL: nickvw

u needa lower it is what u need to do
Well once again its my wifes car and unfortunately I'm not sure she's game for that. Although my freinds and I did hatch a plan the other day. I'm going to lower the car, install a turbo set up, and do full exhaust. When she asks why it rides so rough, i'm going to blame it on the damage that another Ohio winter has done to our roads. When she asks what the whistling noise shes hearing is, I'm going to tell her one of her door seals is leaking air. When she asks what the loud rumbling she hears is, I'm going to tell her the new springs I put on made the tires rub... all the time. Finally, when she asks why its so much faster I'm going to tell her that lowering threw off the speedo and she is indeed going the same speed, the gauge is just inaccurate. In doing this I accomplish several things and only get in trouble for one. Genius right?

Quick Reply: First photos of our 3