Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Finally bit the bullet

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Finally bit the bullet

I ain;t movin' to Canada just for that, that's for sure!!

Old 02-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

^^ Unfortunately none of the US models come with them..... it's not even an option!

My mirrors, and coin holder came in today.... along with two free oil filters. I really do love buying from Jason, free stuff and overnight shipping. I'm leaving town tomorrow night for the weekend, back to work for two days (and maybe go to court) then I'm in Denver for the rest of next week so needless to say I won't be installing these right away. I mean I want to go downstairs and do them now but it's kind of cold and dark.... and I still need to buy a soldering iron.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Bought my soldering iron, extra wire, etc. today....... actually I forgot to get some diodes (use them to fab. new pins for the plug) so I guess I'll be going back. <sigh> I still have to work today and tomorrow and then I'm gone for the rest of the week, but hopefully these will be in next Monday. Also all the LEDs came in from oznium on... Thursday. They are super bright and I can't wait to get them installed. Now if only I were at home and could put up some teaser pics. :P

Old 02-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Made it back by Rat Shack and got my diodes. All day long I've been trying to think of how I was going to wire up the LEDs in the mirror. I mean I could push a wire through the two connectors and run it to the LED but then I'd have a solid wire going through and I wouldn't be able to move the mirror should I need to. The answer came to me when I: A) looked at the connector in the door/mirror, and B) rummaged through my tool box. I found a random old molex connector with four slots in it. Four slots, two wires per mirror...... After looking at the connector I found that there are at least three empty spots on the plug, and my test fit shows that these connectors will fit into the plug. So then I just need to grab another pair of diodes to use as pins and I can have the whole mirror wired up through the OEM plug and still have it removeable.

I know it's not that interesting but I like it when things work out like this.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Well I finished one mirror last night. I'd say it probably took me about 45 minutes to an hour. That included disassembly/assembly of the mirror housing, installing one LED, running the wiring for both the LED and the mirror, making a few pins for the harness plug, and putting the heated glass in. I've tested it out and everything works well, though currently the LED isn't wired up past the mirror plug.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Well!!! Hallelujah!! It's about time. I would ask you to finally change your sig to go along with it, but I can't, cause mine isso out of date now too.

Yeah, I DEFINATELY wanna see how your LEDs turn out.

Are you happy now? :P