Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Electrial Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Default Electrial Issues

I changed out my cabin filter yesterday which I had to unplug the connectors from the interior fuse box. Somehow in doing this something went wrong with the electrical in my car. Here are the symptoms: Car dies when stopped/idling. Door locks are erratic and dont always work or freak out and continuously unlock and lock until i hit the lock button on the door again. AC blows air but does not blow cold air. Turn signal and Hazard lights to not turn on at all. Whine noise in the engine when the key is turned to the on position before starting the car.

I disconnected the connectors again today to hopefully resolve this issue. Checked every fuse, all good. Does anyone know what the issue is or how to fix it. I can not afford to take it to a shop which is why I DIYed the cabin air filter in the first place. I am at a loss here and the when I called the Mazda dealership they spent 5 minutes on the phone scolding me instead of helping. Please help!

Old 05-11-2017, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Disconnect the battery. Unplug everything you previously unplugged. Pay close attention to all the pins in all connectors. Then carefully reconnect them all making sure they are all fully seated. Then reconnect the battery & see how you get on.

Sometimes the lever action connectors on the fuse box can appear to be fully plugged in & closed but upon closer inspection they are not 100% plugged in.