Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Driver's door mirror glass vibrates, BOSE makes it worse

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Default Driver's door mirror glass vibrates, BOSE makes it worse

I tried searching the thread, but I didn't find anything related.

My driver's door mirror glass vibrates bad, especially when the stereo is on. Is there any type of adjustment, or would I need a new mirror? This is pretty lousy for a car that's barely 3 years old with 46k on it.

Thanks for any input.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Banned

It's not a luxury car worth $300,000!

Can you guess what vibrates in my car!

Old 09-06-2013, 01:51 PM

Indeed, but it's also a very premature quality problem. My '01 Subaru Outback had 243,000 miles on it when I traded it, and none of the mirrors vibrated just by driving down the road, let alone when the bass was pumping, period.

If I had to guess what vibrates in your car, I'd say it's that hollow pocket between your ears.

Thanks for the smart *** comment, though.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:49 PM

Spoken like someone with a high-level of maturity. I graduated from high school many years ago, and I have no time for immaturity. Grow up a little.

Now, would anyone who is NOT a smart *** care to give some ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited by RedGeminiPA; 09-06-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:18 PM

Get off my thread. Your contribution is worthless.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:30 PM

Well when I saw this thread my answer was similar. But I won't be a smartass. Anyway my question is does it vibrate over bumps, and when the radio is on and the bass is decent (let's face it you have a Bose stereo which is a higher up radio from the stock 3s with the cardboard ones in the regular 3 without bose) does it do it all the time? You have speakers in the front doors which are vertical to the mirror's. Even when I had my stereo stock my mirrors would still vibrate (to this day with 2 12"s and the door speakers changed and deck etc mine rattle like crazy. You can take a look and see if maybe there is a screw loose from where the mirror glass connects to the mirror housing itself. But personally I think its just the vibrations from the stereo. They are loud and you will always get some sort of vibration from the mirror even with 2 little speakers. Just my input.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:20 PM

It does it when driving at highway speeds with the radio off, but it's nowhere as bad. The Bose just magnifies the issue quite a lot.

From research, it seems to be quite common, even without Bose. It's probably 50/50 chance that new ones will end up doing it as well in a short amount of time.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:36 PM

That's kind of what I've figured. I've noticed in my car even with the radio off it will on the highway. There were times I wasn't sure if it was the music or just the road. Thing is the suspension on the Mazda3 isn't the most amazing suspension and you will get vibrations just in the passenger seat. Even with the cracks on the road it happens. It happens to me. Mind you now my mirror's vibrate on a constant basis but its nothing to worry about. Its a piece of glass attached to the car's body and when it hits a crack, bump, pothole etc unless your suspension is upgraded and top notch it will happen. And yea that bose sound system is pretty great. But I guarantee its your outside mirror's and your rearview never moves.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 AM

Yeah. It only happens on the driver's side. The passenger's side and the rearview mirror on the windshield only vibrate a little, as expected from the bass. Otherwise, it's just the driver's side that is noteworthy.

If I do replace the mirror, I'm thinking about putting a little weather stripping along the edge of the door that meets the back door to help cushion it a little better when closing the door. It couldn't hurt.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:22 AM

Yep that's bound to happen. Really though the passenger mirror will actually do the exact same thing if your sitting in the passenger seat. But when your driving you don't notice near as much as you would with the drivers side. But that could work well with the weatherstripping. Even if you say set your mirror to your ideal spot then put a piece of cardboard in between where the glass piece and the mirror is that could save you a few hundred on buying a new mirror.

Quick Reply: Driver's door mirror glass vibrates, BOSE makes it worse