Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

driver seat/Lumbar causing back pain

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Default driver seat/Lumbar causing back pain

Hi All,

I just recently bought a Mazda3 Sport wagon and it was working fine and seemed like a fun car for a while. However, a couple months ago I noticed that I started getting real back pain. I tried adjusting the seat height, tilt forward and backward, and lumbar and I wasn't able to find a way to relieve the back pain.

I think I may have narrowed down the problem. I believe that the lumbar may be positioned out too much even on the minimal setting. Doing a quick google search, people with similar issues on various cars believe that there may be too much material or curvature in certain areas of the drivers seat which can cause pain. With some others cars I drive that don't have a lumbar adjustment, I have no issues.

When I sit in the passenger side seat, it is very comfortable with no problems. Is it possible that the driver seat may just have developed a defect in the lumbar area? I noticed my lower back has the most pain. Any insights would be appreciated, thanks.

Regards,

Ron

Old 01-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Default RE: driver seat/Lumbar causing back pain

it could be. i dont ahve a problem. the lumbar support is always full for me just because of back problems i ve had because of work/and my car accident. however it could have gotten stuck in that position in which it wont go to the original position. talk to the mazda dealership about this and they should be able to fix it for you if you still have warranty on your car.