Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

CT 200h

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Default CT 200h

Have you seen the new Lexus CT 200h? It looks a lot like the Mazda 3 station wagon.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:37 PM

that would imply that it looks horrid, which it dont so no it does not look like the new 3 wagon. You can divide the vehicle into 3 different companies though, back looks like a saab design (kinda), side looks like the mazda 3 and front looks like a maxima with mazda 6 headlights, interior is 100% toyota/lexus though, all hiding the crap hybrid engine (wants 2jz back)

Old 09-25-2010, 01:04 AM

I don't like hatch, but I have to say that is one good looking hatch from the outside that is. But given that it is a hybrid, it will never ever ever earn my interest nor business.

My reasoning Hybrid = Green car....really? How about all the tons of battery and waste it will create for the environment? Isn't those more toxic than the carbon emission for the Earth? Besides, hybrid is not even zero emission yet. Especially Lexus Hybrid..lets see the LS 600h....20mpg...hmm...explain to me what good does it do for a hybrid to create extra toxic waste on top of that having mpg worse than even a regular mid-size sedan or even some SUV...lol. Don't tell me that it still has low emission with that kind of mpg, I don't think so. And of course I am a Toyota/Lexus hater...haha. Pure personal. Never in my life I will ever buy a single product make from them.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:37 PM

only good cars from toyota are the supra and anything that has that motor in it (jz series), and the AE86

Old 09-25-2010, 04:16 PM

you might be right about supra. Too bad they haven't make those for more than a decade now. In general though, Toyota is the most boring and worse handling car I have ever driven. I struggle to keep the car going straight on the Toyotas I have driven, have to constantly adjust the steering wheel to keep the car staying straight in lane especially on highway speed. On top of that response on steering is very dull and unresponsive. In my opinion, any guy that have passion with cars think Toyota is great need a smack in the head to clear his head, must not be thinking straight....lol. Although Lexus IS maybe the exception of that stereotype, but in general terms wise, Toyota handling sucks. Realiability? Please...my old 99 Protege with 150K miles on it has less problems and cost me less in maintainance than my friends 99 corolla that only got 50-60k miles. Yes I am not kidding. Also another friend has 04 corolla, also has tons of problems to the point where is costing him $500 here and there every other month to fix. He finally got rid of it and guess what he went to get...a Toyota Camry...some people just never learned..and blindly loyal to the brand just because that is what the media says they are realiable...I call it BS.

Last edited by petroxg; 09-25-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:15 PM

my old supervisor had an older camry before and said hes never had any problems with it, reason why he got a newer (an 02) one is because someone totaled his old one, hes had nothing but problems with his newer one and the same goes for his sienna, i personally love the older toyotas but only about 5 of em and they have proven to be reliable, most of the fwd cars handle like crap. Any toyota id ever own would end up having the supra motor in it anyway, cept the AE86

Old 09-27-2010, 11:42 PM

I guess some owners do have good experience with old toyotas. Again you are probably right about the older toyotas, they used to be realiable. Not anymore, and a lot of other car brands are catching up to them in reliability and some even gotten better. Really though, all that Toyota can sell is realiability and very quiet and comfortable interior. Other than that, everything else they sucks, there are a lot better cars for everything else.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:04 PM

yup, after 30 some years american companies have FINALLY caught up with foreign cars in reliability, fuel economy and things along those lines, even though they are still taking there ideas. I now work at a ford dealership and ive driven most of the 09+ and up cars and i must say i am EXTREMELY impressed with how much they have improved, everything from the interior, exterior, driveability etc, only problems that have come up with the newer cars is transmissions (already recalls on some 2010's)

Old 09-28-2010, 11:22 PM

actually not just american companies, better watch out for hyundai. All I can say is, styling wise all these new hyundai models they are coming out from 2010 and on....every single one of them are better looking and in fact has the look of expensive luxury car with better EPA mpg than Toyota and Hondas.

As a side note, Ford and GM car from what I understand used to be more realiable and better in every way than the Japanese cars back in the 50s and 60s I believe. And then they got big and cocky and did not keep up with competition and slacking on quality control, which eventually brought them down to their knees these pass few years. Well at least Ford seems to have see it coming earlier and had did a great job turning everything around again. GM is getting better too but still got some work to do to get those realibility up. Really though as a whole, American cars in my opinion beat Toyotas in driveability and handling since day one, Toyota is never even close. But due to the cost of car maintainence and gas unstable prices is how Toyota gotten big and shine. Or else Toyota would of have never gotten that big. But recently, I am seeing sign of Toyota heading the same foot step of what GM and Ford used to be 30 years ago. Starting to slip downhill. And guess what, Hyundai is getting bigger and bigger real fast these pass 10 years. Hyundai is very close in beating Toyota cars in everyway already, give it another 10 years, you will be hearing Toyota sucks and Hyundai became the new toyotas..haha..that is just my speculation. But it might be a good chance that may happen. Sorry this thread suppose to about Lexus 200H and Mazda 3 and i guess I got way side track and talking trash about Toyotas. For that I apologized. Sorry Aubrey!