Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Creak sound from tire after accident

Old 10-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Default Creak sound from tire after accident

Hey guys, just registered here and I have a problem with my Mazda 3 2006.

Yesterday, I had a little accident - I was reversing, slowly, and got stuck in the mud by the side of the road. It was late, so I just left it there and got someone to pull it up (backwards) the morning after.

When I'm driving now, I hear creak sounds from the left front tire (the one who was in the mud).
It's not the tire itself, because i tested with another tire and still the same sound.
The sound disappears when I drive faster (above 50-60 km/h). It's generally slower driving - more noise.

I've been driving about 150 km after the accident, so if some mud got stuck between the brakes and the tire, wouldn't it have been gone now? I've had my friend (car mechanician) lift the car and have a quick look underneath, but he didn't see anything wrong (he was at work, so he didn't have time to spent alot of time at it).

I'd really like to fix this problem myself, but I see no solution right now. Any suggestion and help is welcome..

Old 10-30-2011, 05:43 PM

give it somebody who has time to really look it over rather than a quick look. does the car wobble or just make noise, its possible to have a torn cv axle boot and some mud and water has gotten into where the grease is.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tracker
give it somebody who has time to really look it over rather than a quick look. does the car wobble or just make noise, its possible to have a torn cv axle boot and some mud and water has gotten into where the grease is.
Thanks, I will take a closer look and check where the grease is, and if some cover have been moved and is touching something it shouldn't.

I'm not good in english (wobble), but if you ask if the car is unsteady/shaky, it isn't. Only the noise.