Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

clutch hieght adjustment discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Default clutch hieght adjustment discussion

im new to this car and wanted to learn more about it.
so lets first talk about the clutch adjustment problem.

i have done searches on this subject and not much is said about it other than it cant be adjusted.

well everything can be adjusted but one needs to know how it works.

im talking about the mazda 3 2006 wagon.

so have anyone tried to adjust this yet.
i have not taken a look yet so i dont know what im getting into.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Smile

These clutches are hydraulic so no, no adjustment if the pedal is to low for your likeing the only fix is replacment......sorry for the spelling lol

Old 01-26-2010, 09:59 PM

nope no adjustments can be made, if you dont want it ill take it though

Old 01-27-2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by sport3
These clutches are hydraulic so no, no adjustment if the pedal is to low for your likeing the only fix is replacment......sorry for the spelling lol
the concern is not that its too low, its too high.

there are many hydraulic clutched cars that can be adjusted. so hydraulic should not be the reason there is no adjustments.

i know other cars there are a screw or some sort of a metal shaft that can be turned to lower it. when i looked under the drivers foot well, it looked plastic. i have not looked under the engine bay yet.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tracker
nope no adjustments can be made, if you dont want it ill take it though
you want to buy my clutch? i dont think the clutch is damaged and im not looking to sell the clutch.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by socal949
the concern is not that its too low, its too high.

there are many hydraulic clutched cars that can be adjusted. so hydraulic should not be the reason there is no adjustments.

i know other cars there are a screw or some sort of a metal shaft that can be turned to lower it. when i looked under the drivers foot well, it looked plastic. i have not looked under the engine bay yet.
First I have have had many manual trans cars and have never owned or seen one with a clutch height adjustment.

Second why would you want to lower the pedal height if your really tall maybe you should consider a bigger car.

Third I think he ment if you don't like the car he'll take it off your hands,you know for free haha.......

Old 01-27-2010, 09:05 PM

if you think that the pedal releases too high, then you must be too tall for this car, ive driven hydro clutches b4 and this by far the lowest and easiest to drive, again if you want to convert to an auto ill be happy to swap ya

Old 01-28-2010, 12:45 AM

no thanks. stick is way funner.

i called around and found out that there is an adjustment but they wont tell me how its done.

so the good news is that it IS possible to adjust the clutch pedal height.

they didnt want to give out information because that means i wont be going there for them to work on the clutch pedal adjustment.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:34 PM

i would like to know who you talked to cuz im looking at the factory repair manual right now, and there is no range where adjustments are allowed, nor is there even a section to even tell the technician how to make adjustments, the manual is current up to 2006 models

Old 04-29-2010, 02:29 PM

I(and others) have this problem: the clutch engages too high, and there is no adjustment. Mine starts to engage at 3" off the floor and it is awkward to do it smoothly. There is a plastic rod between the pedal and the hydraulic unit, of course unadjustable. There is also no adjustment at the clutch arm where it goes into the bellhousing. I have found that if you can move the seat back(while at the same time still comfortably shifting, braking, etc.) it is not as bad.

Quick Reply: clutch hieght adjustment discussion