Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Clicking from passenger rear (2014 Mazda 3S Touring) (JM1 - Japan Built)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 07:26 PM
Default Clicking from passenger rear (2014 Mazda 3S Touring) (JM1 - Japan Built)

So after cleaning my intake valve using CRC Intake Valve Cleaner, I allowed my car to idle for 15 minutes. Took for a drive to add some load to the engine. I never exceed 2,500 rpm until my first corner where I engaged my car to "sport." My engine instantly jump to 4,000 rpm (while still turning). The rear began clicking and smoke appears in my rear. I turn on hazard and move to the side immediately. (The smoke is similar to that of when head gasket leaks coolant to engine, white smoke.) I brought it back home, but the smoke is almost already gone. I decide to let my car idle, and sure enough the car was normal again (no smoke, no nothing wrong with it). I took it to another drive, this time after getting to a light, I floor the accelerator and nothing occur (no click, no smoke). Just the other day, I took it to the freeway for the first time after the incident. I was changing lane when a Pruis came in fast and nearly hit me. I mash the throttle and turn to the left at the same time, the engine lugged at higher gear and the clicking again appeared.

​​​So this clicking problem occurs when turning really hard and I guess accelerating the car hard enough. The smoke was likely of the CRC being burned off. Is there anyone of the same situation.