Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Cheap Performance Exhaust Chance!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 08:08 PM
Administrator
Default Cheap Performance Exhaust Chance!!!

I have been speaking with Scott of Stromung Exhaust Engineering, who is one of the top manufacturers of aftermarket exhausts for Subarus, and he is interested in expanding into the Mazda aftermarket. His exhausts are well engineered, made of stainless steel, and have a real nice sound to them without the droning sometimes associated with aftermarket exhausts.

He is looking for a test fit volunteer. In order to volunteer, you must be able to provide a Mazda 3 wagon (or possibly sedan), and be willing to show up during the week to his facility in Huntington Beach. The volunteer will receive the custom exhaust that has been fit to their vehicle for the cost of parts to compensate them for their time and willingness to assist Scott in expanding his horizons. He would also appreciate photos and feedback from the volunteer to help spread the word about the exhaust system.

If you'd like to volunteer, and are near Huntington Beach, California, please call him at: 714.596.2237

Thank you

Old 08-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Default RE: Cheap Performance Exhaust Chance!!!

I'd volunteer in a second, but I live in Pa and there's no way I could get to Cali.

Old 09-02-2005, 01:08 PM

me too! crap, i live in tx! wish someone here would take a chance on my lil nordic green mazda 3!

Old 09-05-2005, 01:43 AM

Where in Dallas do you live? I'm up Frisco way. Who works on your Mazda?

Velocity Red 2004 5 Door--The Crimson Ride

Old 09-05-2005, 03:10 AM

Im in Louisiana. Any chance I could gette teleported to Cali?

Old 09-14-2005, 06:37 PM

hey i talked to him i he said hell put in for $200? is this worth it? im asking the admin the one who posted this.. will it negatively affect my mazda if it goes wrong cuz it is a volunteer and he is new to mazdas rite? let me know if i should get it done or not.. .also 200 dollars what is it actually worth if you were to buy one?

Old 09-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Administrator

at 200 bucks, youre paying what it costs Them. the aftermarket catback for my car (non-mazda) costs about 800 bucks...some are as much as 1500....and having catback exhaust cant hurt anything..it isnt like the bit of HP gained from the exhaust is going to make you break axles..it would likely free up a few hp..if i lived out there, i would do it in a second...

Old 10-24-2005, 08:25 PM
roo

ORIGINAL: mrtangM304

hey i talked to him i he said hell put in for $200? is this worth it? im asking the admin the one who posted this.. will it negatively affect my mazda if it goes wrong cuz it is a volunteer and he is new to mazdas rite? let me know if i should get it done or not.. .also 200 dollars what is it actually worth if you were to buy one?
That is a really good deal. I'm a Stromung dealer (and the one who sent the info to admin), and the average price of a catback from Stromung is around $6xx. I've had two Stromung systems, and loved both of them. I would trust him with my vehicle, if I were down there, and owned a Mazda 3.

Old 02-11-2006, 05:28 PM

if you guys are still looking for someone hit me up. i'm in HB also and have setup 4-5 guys to head over to companies for prototyping over the last year or so. I'm a mod over on Mazda6Club.com and spend a lot of time talkign to companies trying to get new parts out for Mazdas...so anything i can do let me know.

MrTea@socal.rr.com

Old 06-20-2006, 11:09 PM

Too bad I am leasing and limited to mods.....[:@]

Quick Reply: Cheap Performance Exhaust Chance!!!