Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

A/C Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Default A/C Help

I have an 04 mazda3 and recently the a/c barley worked then i took it to big O and they replaced something that was leaking and my a/c was coming on and off but blowing cold air......then i took it to the dealership they fixed the light coming on and off but now two days later the a/c is barley blowing cold at all and i dont know what to do...i dont think i need any freon.....is this a common problem and how do i fix it???? anyhelp would be nice i no nothing about cars

Old 08-20-2010, 10:42 AM

your first mistake is saying your system needs freon, no vehicle newer than 90 (as far as i know) uses freon. The refrigerant used is called R-134A, a mistake i hope you would avoid is charging your a/c system with a can w/o either using the gauges or adding sealant.

My next statement as to why your a/c is not blowing cold air is maybe the evap has frozen, or since you say the system cycles frequently then you have blockage causing high pressures and the causing the a/c cycling switch to turn off the compressor.

Also when does it stop blowing a/c, all the time or when u have the pedal to the floor