Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Button on rearview mirror? (iTouring)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Default Button on rearview mirror? (iTouring)

I have an 07 iTouring and on my rearview mirror there is a [what looks like] power button and two lights on either side...one lights up green I believe. Whenhitting the button it seems to turn off the digital compass display (and the left light) on the mirror but is that all it is used for? Why the two lights then? Seems like I'm missing something...?

I've tornthe manual apart the last 24 hours trying to find this, but it doesn't seem to be in there!

BTW, lovin the self-tinting mirror! What a relief againstall the trucks/suvsand those blaring (but sexy) Xenons!

Old 01-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Button on rearview mirror? (iTouring)

The other light is to power indicator for the auto-dimming mirror. I believe if you hold the button for 3-5 seconds it will turn off the auto-dim feature. Another push should turn the compass back on.

Oh and the correct term would be HID's, not xenons. :P

Old 01-15-2008, 05:23 PM

You're right, my bad using the "xenon" term...

Thanks for the reply.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

No problem, happy to help. Now just don't let it happen again.[sm=nono.gif]

Old 01-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

SPOTTTSSSS!!! Be nice. He/she is a noob, y'know.....?

Old 01-15-2008, 06:02 PM

LOL. I'm a dude...dude. Yeah I'm noobin hard, I'll admit it...never modded cars much before and never owned a Mazda. But we all gotta start somewhere.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Well, how would I know that?
I wasn't putting you down for noobin', dude. Like you said, we all had to start somewhere.
Spots and I are old forum friends and I was just given him a hard time (affectionately) as he was giving you a hard time (also affectionately.)
This is a very friendly and forgiving forum.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:40 PM

No frets, man... I was just clearing it up. Seems like a cool forum around here though... after picking up the new car yesterday I thought I'd join a few and see which one had the most activity/replies and stay there. This forumtook the crown, and I have to say I had no idea people modded Mazdas so much! Though I guess people will mod out anything these days (including Neons for Christs sake!). I am lookin forward to getting to know my car and others and learnin some new tricks. Hondas have been good to me but it feels good to retire from them and move on to another breed.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

What virgin1 said, it's all affectionate (not that kind of affectionate though so watch where you put your hands) :P

Since you just picked up your car make sure to do the DIS unlock (for your trip computer, miles to empty, etc.)

Old 01-17-2008, 02:52 PM

DIS unlock? I remember reading something about that. What are the benefits? If there's a faq on it already can you give me a link? Pleeease...

Quick Reply: Button on rearview mirror? (iTouring)