Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   Automatic windshield wipers (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/automatic-windshield-wipers-11340/)

jaimie08mazda3 11-11-2007 02:20 PM

RE: Automatic windshield wipers

ORIGINAL: BLEXV6

I find it remarkable that a reasonably priced car like a Mazda 3 can have this feature. I have an upscale SUV that has this as well, but you would expect this feature on this. Also, My vehicle does not have a telescoping steering wheel, and the 3 does. It just goes to show, the Mazda 3 punches a lot of content f0r a decent dollar.
haha my car totally owns yours lol. not really but it works out. yet my car sits in the garage while.. *sighs* mine is out in the freezing cold. oh well. anyway those automatic wipers are probably the greatest thing ever. i just put it on auto. and when rain hits it BAM. it turns on.

virgin1 11-11-2007 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

this may be a little off topic. but the stock wipers on the mazda sucks. which ones do u guys suggest?
Off-topic AGAIN, SPeeDy?? :D :D :D
The newer beam blades seems among the best. They will form to your widshield much better than the others.Most manufacturer's make a type of them these days.
I've heard that silicone blades are really good too and for me it was a toss up.
I'm running Trico NeoForms (beam blade,) but not all the info is in yet. Only had 'em for a few months. I will say that when I first put them on that I did not know just how loud standard blades are. These things do not collect the wind like old style blades and because are so quiet. I did have a squeak from them a few weeks ago but a quick cleaning and they're OK again.
The downside is they are not refillable and they cost more. Also, I haven't seen any that are short enough to do the rear, backlight blade.

virgin1 11-11-2007 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: MazdaN00b

WOW!! this is AMAAAAAAAZING!! After hearing about all those fatal auto accidents from people scrambling to turn on their wipers in the rain. Ima get 2 just in case!!

Surly, you ARE kidding right?

jaimie08mazda3 11-11-2007 04:15 PM

hmmm. i dont need to buy 2. or one for that matter.if it breaks.. *hello achillies mazda. can you fix this. it isnt working.. tomorrow. sure thank you* mwahahaha lol.

virgin1 11-11-2007 04:32 PM

I'm sure he's kidding, Jaime.

icspots 11-11-2007 04:42 PM

Nice find on the mod. I installed variable intermittant wipers in my '05 with a module built by a member of mazda3forums. He's the one I go to whenever I have random wiring questions. For those of you with pre-06's who are interested in variable intermittant wipers PM billm on that forum.

As for what wipers I recommend, go with the Bosch Icons and you won't be disappointed.