Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Audio/Aux Input question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 03:56 PM

Well there is a sixteen pin connector that is in the back of the head unit. That sixteen pin connector is what the indash 6 CD changer plugs into im sure of it. I only say this because when i bought my aftermarket auxillery port, it had to be plugged into that port. It also said on the packaging that you cant use while you have that indash 6 CD changer plugged in BECUASE there is only one port, so its either ipod auxillery imput, or cd changer.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by *Nmazda3*
Well there is a sixteen pin connector that is in the back of the head unit. That sixteen pin connector is what the indash 6 CD changer plugs into im sure of it. I only say this because when i bought my aftermarket auxillery port, it had to be plugged into that port. It also said on the packaging that you cant use while you have that indash 6 CD changer plugged in BECUASE there is only one port, so its either ipod auxillery imput, or cd changer.
Well whatever they printed was a lie. The in dash CD changer is integral with the HU and doesn't plug into an outside jack. How do I know? I own one and there's nothing plugged into that port. That port is used for the OEM sirius, phatbox, and most all of the ipod/auxiliary input modules, NOT for the CD changer.