Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

asking about the obx header.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Default asking about the obx header.

i have an obx header. questions to those who have it installed in thier car you have to put a custom flex pipe. does anyone happin to know wat size of a flex pipe has to be put in.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: asking about the obx header.

Danny,
From all I've read about the OBXfor the 3 series... DUMP IT!! It was not designed well for the 3 series, is too short throws CEL's, cracksand only causes problems... short and long term.
I understand the Proto guys do much better with OBX than we do.

If you insist on installing it, then yes a custom flex pipe is necessary. I don't know what size, probably 2.5", but a local muffler shop should be able to figure it out.
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but I've read nothing but headaches and heartaches are in your future from this header. Ya' get what ya' pay for.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:02 PM

i havent really read many good things about it either, and for the time it took me to install my header, i wouldnt want to replace it numerous times.
im pretty sure you've already installed it, but if you can, get the Vibrant. its the best of the best. that what i have, and after 6 months, ive had NO problems with it at all.

*knocks on wood*

Old 02-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

"Vibrant!" Yesssss.......

Old 02-14-2008, 11:10 PM

ok so you deff don't reccomend the obx header. ok i haven't installed it yet so i think ima gonna go with the vibrant then. i'll have to sell mine. but when i've seen the vibrant in picture it doesn't look like the kind that goes in my car. is tht normal or have i been looking in the wrong place. cuz i've like looked it up like in google.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:13 PM

and also Dentinger i see you have jls so do i but i have crazy amount of raddling coming from the back plastic on top but behind the rear seats. does that happin to you or have you done something to prevent it?

Old 02-15-2008, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Danny0522

ok so you deff don't reccomend the obx header. ok i haven't installed it yet so i think ima gonna go with the vibrant then. i'll have to sell mine. but when i've seen the vibrant in picture it doesn't look like the kind that goes in my car. is tht normal or have i been looking in the wrong place. cuz i've like looked it up like in google.
Vibrant often uses "stock" pics in it's advertising.Same thing with their strut brace/bar. It'll fit, nicely as I understand it, but it'll cost you much more too.

The advantage, and I know this from having worked modified BMW's of old, that a 4-2-1 configuration is much better for the street, especially in an I-4. You will actually use the extra power vs. losing it most of thetime.
The header we used to recommend for the 4-cyl streetBimmers was the Stahl. Same 4-2-1 set up.
I am not planning on the header thing for my own car, just too much trouble w/emissions testing these days, but if I were, I'd certainly go w/the Vib.

And did I mention (likeno less than ten times) that I LOVE my Vib exhaust!!!

Old 02-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Danny0522
and also Dentinger i see you have jls so do i but i have crazy amount of rattling coming from the back plastic on top but behind the rear seats. does that happen to you or have you done something to prevent it?
[:@][:@][:@]I HATE that buzzy, rattling sound coming from any car!!!
The volume control works very nicely to tame that noise. TURN-IT-DOWN!!!!

Old 02-17-2008, 11:55 PM

owners of cars with ultra loud audio systems and overly-intense subwoofers are prone to degradation in the control of his/her bowels. the subs weaken the muscles of the sphincter, and by middle-age, these people will be deaf and wearing diapers.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Lupae3s

owners of cars with ultra loud audio systems and overly-intense subwoofers are prone to degradation in the control of his/her bowels. the subs weaken the muscles of the sphincter, and by middle-age, these people will be deaf and wearing diapers.
Diapers!!! [sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
I would agree w/those statements except that I have been the one in Rock bands, around loud and screaming electric guitarsand I have been the one to be around loud cars and tools, and worked in loud enviromentsfor years, yet my wife, a classical music listener, is the one that's going deaf.

I can't figure it out either??

Quick Reply: asking about the obx header.