Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Anyone with upgraded cold air intake and factory exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Default Anyone with upgraded cold air intake and factory exhaust?

If you have an upgraded cold air intake and a factory exhaust can you help me out? I have read some reviews else where that when you upgrade to a cold air intake such as K&N that it makes your car sound as if it has a custom/aftermarket exhaust on it.

My husband is looking at getting an cold air airtake for me for my birthday but, right now I do not want to have the loud exhaust noise. At a later time I may but if I want to have a baby in this car it would not work so well.

So, I just want to know if you have an aftermarket intake and factory exhaust if you noticed an increase in noise and if so how much of a difference. What kind of cold air intake do you have?

Old 10-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Default RE: Anyone with upgraded cold air intake and factory exhaust?

Just the CAI you'll get a good induction noise (sucking air into motor) without really increasing the volume all that much. it just changes the tone a little. Typical exhausts can get fairly loud (I know my Mazdaspeed exhaust is fairly loud)

Old 10-24-2006, 12:32 PM

Any increased noise will be in the engine bay. You will hear a nice, throaty growl when you get on it hard, but in normal driving situations
and on the highway under 3500 rpm you won't notice it much, if at all.

I have CAIs for the 3 ready to ship.
Check out my sponsorship section.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:22 PM

I notice Simota has threee CAI for the mazda 3. The Twin Charger Intake System ST651, Carbon Charger Intake System CB-651, and Carbon Fiber Aero Form CF625-1. What are the differences between these units?

Old 10-24-2006, 07:33 PM

The Twin Charger is the CAI, that's the one I sell. It is by far the most popular item I have.
The Carbon Fiber is an SRI. More expensive. I've sold them with good results but I don't have them in stock at the moment.
I've seen the Aero Form but haven't imported any to this point. It's an SRI with a fake carbon-fiber molded inlet.

Old 11-04-2006, 03:30 PM

I have an Injen cold air intake and a Magnaflow catback exhaust. If you don't want your car to be excessively loud, but you still want a nice sound, this is a good setup.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:49 PM

Hey guys / gals new here, LevelUp when you installed the CAI and Magnaflow did you have to retune?

Old 11-16-2006, 05:37 AM

ORIGINAL: iflyducati

Hey guys / gals new here, LevelUp when you installed the CAI and Magnaflow did you have to retune?
no.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:37 PM

I went to Simota's website and saw nothing in the air filter kit section for Mazda3??

Old 06-03-2008, 03:08 AM

all i will say is that if you dont plan on getting an exhaust theres not really much reason to get an intake unless your just going for sound. without expanding your exhaust theres no point of bringing extra and colder air in if it cant get out faster. wouldnt serve much purpose until you get an exhasut.

Quick Reply: Anyone with upgraded cold air intake and factory exhaust?