Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Anyone having this same issue??? Gritty feeling in pedals

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 05:30 PM
Default Anyone having this same issue??? Gritty feeling in pedals

Hi guys new to the forum seeking help...

Just 2 months ago I bought my 2018 hatch 3 manual tranny...has a little over 3 thousand miles...I can't really say that the feeling has been there since the beginning since I'm usually blasting my music...i thought it was the vibration of the speakers but I've driven a few days with no music and I'm getting a very soft gritty feeling in all three pedals...I'm talking soft guys, almost like a phone next to you vibrating or hitting a funny bone...it's not lagging, I haven't lost power, after all it's a brand new car...I'm taking it in to get checked out in a few days...I consider myself a good enough manual driver but getting used to it, I have grinded the gears a handful of times...no hard ones though...nothing I'd be worried about... wondering if shavings in the tranny could be causing it(again, I doubt it but idk). I'm not driving it hard at all, just my daily commuter...anyone else having this issue??? Consider it normal??? I'm noticing it more on the freeway than anything in every gear...they're sporatic and constant, only last half seconds...just subtle hummms in the pedals I feel...
​​​​

Again, there is no noise or clanking or loss of power...it just feels gritty like something is very softly grinding inside...

Any input helps guys, thx for your time...