Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Any tips/tricks for the mazda3?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Default Any tips/tricks for the mazda3?

hey...
i was wondering if there were any neat-o things u can do on the mazda3... not as mods or anything but tips or tricks.

like for example, i found on some forum that if you pressed the audio power button and the #2 preset button simultaneously, it will display the station's signal, reception strength 1-9.

are there any other similar/dissimilar type functions that im not aware of?
it'd be nice to know if anyone heard of them?
thanks in adv.

Old 06-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Default RE: Any tips/tricks for the mazda3?

whoa, thats awesome! how did you find that out nyghthybrid?

Old 06-17-2006, 10:54 PM

i just happened to come across it on a forum talking about stubby antennas.
but yea its pretty cool and theres gotta be more functions like that...
just wish i could find out about them somehow. any ideas?

Old 06-18-2006, 01:19 AM

i tried to google it and couldnt get anything, i know there is a mazda technician in this forum, hopefully he sees this post and maybe he can tell use some other tricks.

i have to turn the radio off for it to go away, is there another way to get it to go back to normal?

Old 06-18-2006, 03:02 AM

if you push the big tall pedal on the right the car moves, but the trick is turning it on and putting it in gear. j/k but I don't know any REAL tricks.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:37 AM

I heard that Mazda's can blow up to 6 balloons... all you gotta do is run your Mazda in to something hard and the impact will automatically blow them up for you... the colors of the balloons are dependent on what you hit on impact.

Thanks for the tip on the radio... it was useful when trying to find a good signal for my FM transmitter I'm using w/ my MP3 player until I can get an direct connection kit.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:40 PM

yea i couldnt find a way to turn the signal checker off...
but neways... im trying to find OTHER tips/tricks/functions......................

Old 06-20-2006, 01:16 PM

check this out, everything you need to know!

Hidden "load" button for CD-changer

There is a special button in the upper left corner that is used to load CDs into the optional 6-CD changer. It is present on ALL modular head units regardless of whether or not they have the changer installed! It's right under the trim that says "Compact Disc Digital Audio" and serves no purpose without the changer.

Diagnostic Test Mode

You can check for any trouble codes with a simple button sequence. Turn on the ignition power and press and hold the POWER button. Then press the AM and CLOCK buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds. The display will show any trouble codes on the display. Use the Seek buttons to scroll through them. Turn off the car to reset the unit back to normal.

This procedure also lets you see the maker of the modules installed, but only if there is a trouble code associated with it. The first two digits in the display identify the device in question - see the following table. The 6-CD disc numbers are used to show the supplier of a module (1 for FMS, 2 for Panasonic, and 3 for Clarion).

Device Code ---Part Name
00 ------ Casette Deck
03 ------ CD Player
05 ------ External CD Changer
06 ------ Internal CD Changer
07 ------ MD Player
09 ------ Base Head Unit

After the Device Code is a colon and the trouble code in the format, "Er10" (which means "communication line error"). Here's a general table of error codes:

Error Code--- Error Type ---Description
01 --- Insert/Eject Fault ---The device failed to insert or eject media.
02 --- Media Read Fault ---The device couldn't play/read the media.
03 --- Mechanism Fault ---The physical mechanism (reel/spindles) failed to function.
04 --- Media Fault --- The media is worn out.
07 --- Media Read Fault ---The device couldn't play/read the media.
10 --- Communication Fault ---Connectors or communication failed
20 --- Base Unit Power Fault ---Improper voltage detected.
22 --- Base Unit Fault

You can clear the codes by entering diagnostic mode and then pressing POWER and then AUDIO CONT (the other big button) for 2 seconds, but this is probably not something you should be doing. Instead, take a radio showing a trouble code to a dealer to get it fixed and let them clear the codes when it's done.

LCD Inspection
Turn on the audio. Press and hold POWER and then SEEK (top) for 1 second. This will light up all the elements of the LCD screen. Press POWER to reset it.

Button Inspection
Turn on the audio. Press and hold POWER and then CLOCK for 1 second. Now each functioning button will beep when you press it. Press POWER to reset it.

Speaker Inspection
Turn on the audio. Press and hold POWER and then AUTO-M (bottom) for 1 second. Each speaker will sound in order, including the nonexistent rear speakers. Press POWER to reset it.

Radio Inspection
Turn on the audio. Select AM or FM. Press and hold POWER and then the number 2 button for 1 second. Tune to a station and look at the volume graph. A full graph means everything works, a half graph means no station is tuned, and a low graph means there is something wrong with the radio or antenna. Press POWER to reset it.

Power Antenna Inspection
Turn on the audio. Select AM or FM. Press and hold POWER and then AM for 1 second. "Ant-On" means the antenna works. Press POWER to reset it.

Bose Amplifier Inspection
Turn on the audio. Press and hold POWER and then SCAN (top) for 1 second. "AMP-On" means the amplifier works, "AMP-Of" means it doesn't. Press POWER to reset it.

I was unable to find any other test modes, but it is possible that a special button combination will enable the rear speakers and the fader control in the Bose head unit."

Some of them actually worked on mine but not all of them

Old 06-21-2006, 12:52 AM

wow thats awesome! thanks!
where did u find this stuff btw?

Old 06-21-2006, 04:20 AM

hell yeah where the heck you find info like that, anyway i gotta little trick its common knowledge, but its worth a post anyway, its simple just turn on your heater or A/C wait for a click and rev your motor...youll get a deeper sound, and little power boost @ higher RPM's

Quick Reply: Any tips/tricks for the mazda3?