Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Air Conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Default Air Conditioning

hi,

i have a 2005 mazda3 and was wondering if theres any news on anything to improve the ac...quality...the ac is weak and rite now its 90* where im from..so if theres any news on any recalls, fixes, or anything that would improve the "coldness" of the ac system...greatly appreciated ahead of time...

meri

Old 06-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Default RE: Air Conditioning

mine is weak sometimes too. if you keep the car in the shade or garage then turn it on it works great

Old 06-03-2007, 12:05 PM

if you keep the upper vents to the far left/right on the dash closed, the air coming out of the vents in the center of the dash becomese cooler and blows harder...

Old 06-03-2007, 06:09 PM
PAC

The$200- $250 mod. I did to mine seemed to take care of any weak A/C issues - I got the windows tinted. It's almost triple digits here, and the A/C is performing well.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:03 AM

i had told them the summer after i got my car that the ac sucks ***..and that if i knew i wouldnt have bought it..im a ac/cool air junkie..they say then which was 2006 not much they can do about it..but a had just tooken my car in for a oil change and i asked again they said now they will fix it since its still under warranty...u shoudl do the same..i dont plan on paying for something i should have gotten in the 1st place...butt yeah, i wasnt rude about..actually just be courtious and patience and ull be surprise how helpful people can be!!
dont take no for an answer and get what u bought for!!!!! good luck!! i getfix onmonday after this...they say about 3or 4 hour wait...so illpost again andupdate....if u have a problem with ur dealership not cooperating..u go over their heads and demand it..onlybecause its rightand u paid for it.k...
have a kick *** day!
-meri

Old 06-08-2007, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Lupae3s

if you keep the upper vents to the far left/right on the dash closed, the air coming out of the vents in the center of the dash becomes cooler and blows harder...
I have 20%F/5% all around tint and still if I did that here in Texas my left arm would be burning up. I do keep the RS closed if no one else is in the car. But the A/C in these things is an embarrassment and my least favorite part of the car!!

Old 06-08-2007, 06:10 PM

check the the for the TSB re: the air diffuser...if your still under warranty...take it to your dealership and ask about it......i know how you feel though....LV over here....100+

Old 06-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

I had that done last year to my '04. It was a waste of time. No discernable difference.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:36 PM

good to know.....my dealership was BS...and wouldn't do it for me.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Well if you have anything but an '04 or early '05 it would already have the diffuser plate installed... factory. I read,I believe it was, that after Feb '05 build dates they began installing them in Japan.

Quick Reply: Air Conditioning