Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2022 Mazda 3 Heads up display symbols

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2022, 10:18 AM
Default 2022 Mazda 3 Heads up display symbols

Just took delivery of my UK spec 2022 Mazda 3 2.0 MHEV Skyactiv X (186PS) about a week ago.
Not had much chance to drive it yet due to Christmas etc... but loving it so far.

Just a quick question, I keep seeing a small circular orange symbol in the Heads up display, appears just above the current speed numbers.
Unfortunately it only blinks on for about half a second or so and I don't get enough time to recognise what the symbol is trying to tell me.
At first I thought it might be warning me that I'm over the current speed limit for that road but I've tried a few times by going about 5mph over the limit and it doesn't appear.
I can't see any mention of that symbol in the owners manual.

Anyone got any idea what it might be?

Old 12-28-2022, 12:06 PM
tcl

Did you read the manual?

Old 12-28-2022, 01:17 PM

Yes, as I said above I couldn't see anything like that in the manual.

Old 01-04-2023, 11:01 AM
Default Orange symbol

Round orange symbol might be the lane departure warning indicator

Old 01-06-2023, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Aries256
Round orange symbol might be the lane departure warning indicator
I get an orange illuminated \ or / type symbol for that if i cross the lane markings without indicating.
The symbol I'm seeing is a small round symbol which is always centered above the Speed readout.
Only blinks occasionally for about 0.5 second and I can't work out what it's telling me.

Old 01-06-2023, 04:11 PM

Hmmm I’m honestly not sure, maybe it’s something I don’t have on mine, I’ll see what I can see on mine on the way home

Old 01-07-2023, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Aries256
Hmmm I’m honestly not sure, maybe it’s something I don’t have on mine, I’ll see what I can see on mine on the way home
Ok thanks,If I had to guess what the symbol is, I would say it looks like a small steering wheel.
I'm on a UK spec 2.0 MHev e Skyactiv X 186 GT Sport. No idea what that spec is called in the US or if there is an equivalent. It's one down from the top spec available here.

Old 05-15-2023, 09:28 PM

Looking closely at Steve's image, It could have something to do with the first service seeing that he has done over
2,000 miles.
Think Iv'e found it!!!
On page 4-30 of my "Owner's Manual" C-2021 Mazda Motor Corp.
It shows the symbol to the left of the "driving Info" value for average Lt/mpg fuel economy.
It is computed and displayed every 30 seconds. that's what it says!!!!
It can be reset by pressing the "Info" for 1.5 sec.

Old 05-15-2023, 09:54 PM

Have just started the engine on my Astina G25 (2.5Lt) and looked carefully at the instument display.
I also have the symbol!!! Did not notice it until now.
I have tried all posibilities to locate the origin; nothing seems to affect it. (whilst stationary)
Perhaps it's a new symbol broadcast from the Mazda Star Ship to lucky owners of the 2023 version!!!!

Old 01-12-2024, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Blatto
Just took delivery of my UK spec 2022 Mazda 3 2.0 MHEV Skyactiv X (186PS) about a week ago.
Not had much chance to drive it yet due to Christmas etc... but loving it so far.

Just a quick question, I keep seeing a small circular orange symbol in the Heads up display, appears just above the current speed numbers.
Unfortunately it only blinks on for about half a second or so and I don't get enough time to recognise what the symbol is trying to tell me.
At first I thought it might be warning me that I'm over the current speed limit for that road but I've tried a few times by going about 5mph over the limit and it doesn't appear.
I can't see any mention of that symbol in the owners manual.

Anyone got any idea what it might be?
Is it the lane departure warning?

Quick Reply: 2022 Mazda 3 Heads up display symbols