Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2013 M3 Navigation Has just Stopped Working

Old 12-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Default 2013 M3 Navigation Has just Stopped Working

Hey, I'm a noob up here. Bought my first Mazda a few months back - a 2013 M3 GT with the Electronics kit. Love the car. It just turned 10k miles. Finally grok the 'Zoom Zoom', and then this week the Nav system just quit. Oh, I've had it freeze up a few times, resolved by an ignition cycle or once had to reseat the SDRAM, but now it quit. Dead. Push the Nav button and nothing happens - it won't leave audio or phone mode. Dead.

Can't fool me! I reseat the SD again, recycle the ignition: Dead. I THINK I recall that when SD is inserted that the little LED blinks, letting you know it's mounting (do I remember that correctly?) Well, it doesn't. The LED stays dark, which suggests to me that either the reader is without power, broken, or that the SD itself is fried. Although I think I'd get a read fail message on the display if it was a media issue.

I went through the manual looking for a fuse that might supply the Nav system, though the manual reveals every single fuse EXCEPT Nav. Anybody know what circuit the Nav is coupled with? The 12 v outlet? Audio? Other. I could at least then check the right fuse.

Otherwise: Dead. I'm sure I could take it in under warranty, but if it's just some easy fix, or worse, user error, thought I'd join me a MazdaForum and ask you good people up here. :-) Thanks much for your help.

Really do like the car...

Old 12-15-2013, 12:06 AM

Okay, I'll bite: Did I post in the wrong place? Did I breach some important netiquette thingie? Do I really have such a unique mystery that nobody has a logical reply? Do these forums naturally take a few days for the seniors to weigh in? I would SO like my nav back - I actually have to look out the windshield now - that is SO last millennium! Do I need the take the car into the dealer?

Old 12-16-2013, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Its under warranty, go see your dealer.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:55 PM

most likely a dead unit, they have been having some issues with them. Go to the dealer and get it fixed under warranty.