Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2011 mazda speed3 blow off valve help me pleas

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Default 2011 mazda speed3 blow off valve help me pleas

I just bought a 2011 mazdaspeed 3 this week. An i cant hear the blow off valve. How can i make it so i can hear it with out messing up anything. I think i saw a hose running from it an it runs back in to the air box. So can anyone pleas help me or guide me in the wright direction PLEAS

Old 07-04-2011, 10:34 PM

the right direction would be to not mess with the stock one. buy another one and either screw yourself by leaving it atmospheric (loudest) or recirculation which will be quieter but should be able louder than stock.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, stock you really shouldn't be hearing it..... certainly not the loud Psssssssht! you see on modded cars.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:21 PM

What iv read so far. If i put an aftermarket blowoff valve on there so i can hear it i will lose some horsepower . So is that true? An i found an aftermarket turbo manifold that sed its better than stock an will give me 40hp more an 50lbs torque. Is that true? Sorry to ask the question bt this is my first turbo car an i want to get a little more out of it with out voiding the warranty. I just need some guidance in the weight direction. An thanks for all the help also. :-)

Old 07-10-2011, 02:08 PM

it won't lose horsepower. it will, however, cause you to dump air that is already metered by the system and could cause you to stall, could cause carbon build-up, and could mess up some sensors.

your ecu could also adjust for long-term fuel trim adjustments which causes you car to eventually run lean and cause engine damage.

you won't lose power, but you could really mess up your car. if you are going to drop in an atmospheric blow-off, you need to relocate the MAF and put the BOV as close after the turbo as possible. most people put them on the hot side piping.

the turbo manifold will void your warranty. it will also not get these kinds of gains under stock conditions. you need supporting mods.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:40 PM

feel that burning? Thats your wallet on fire

Old 07-10-2011, 04:53 PM

one thing that i always like to point out is muscle cars. why do you think that they are rare?? they were just cars back in the day. people modified them, drove them, and generally treated them in ways that trashed them.

this generation of tuners is already destroying cars because they know nothing about them. the internet is just making it worse. the average person who has lots to say on a subject generally has very little intelligent to say.

the modern car has lots of engineering controls and, as tracker is referencing, modifying a car while keeping these controls in mind is expensive. stock is safe and reliable.