Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2011 Mazda 3 clutch recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Default 2011 Mazda 3 clutch recommendations

hey every one I have a 2011 Mazda 3 isport 5 speed below are my mods

Cork sport cat back exhaust
Cork sport intake (which I hear doesn't do much)
Cork sport strut bar
Cork sport rear motor mount
Lowered on race land ultimos (sorry I know people hatem)

my clutch is on it's way out, I hear the mz3s have clutch issues any way but currently with the mods I have I'd like to go to a stage 1 or2 clutch

Any recommendations on which brand to buy? Also I'd like to add, I'm going to put headers in, intake mani, larger injectors.

I've also contacted orange virus tuning And they can do a base map for it, I would like to get 200 hp after all is said and done I'm trying to keep up with my buddy's Audi 2.0t

so overall I need a clutch and flywheel that's a step up that can handle a tune and power, any recommendations thanks

Old 06-04-2016, 08:48 PM

I hate to rain on your parade, but there is no way you're going to get anywhere near 200 hp out of your 2.0 liter MZR motor, errr, short of an expensive forced induction modification; in fact, I'm thinking you'll be lucky to get 170, and that will come with a huge reduction in mid range torque.

Long story short, if you want a car to beat your friend's Audi, sell your Mazda and buy a MazdaSpeed3 or a GTI or something.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

I've never seen issues on Mazda 3 clutches, however, driver behaviour has a big impact on clutches.

What's your definition of a stage 1 or stage 2 clutch?

Old 06-04-2016, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
I hate to rain on your parade, but there is no way you're going to get anywhere near 200 hp out of your 2.0 liter MZR motor, errr, short of an expensive forced induction modification; in fact, I'm thinking you'll be lucky to get 170, and that will come with a huge reduction in mid range torque.

Long story short, if you want a car to beat your friend's Audi, sell your Mazda and buy a MazdaSpeed3 or a GTI or something.

thats why im thinking more air more fuel (larger intake manifold larger injectors and headers) that way i can sqeeze out more power, but reguardless of that i have to replace the clutch soon and im just looking for recommendations because im going to invest the money into it id rather have a clucth that can handle the power so when i get to that point its already there, and if it comes down to it new valve and cams. But overall i need a half way decent clutch recommendation so in the future it can handle more power thats all

Old 06-04-2016, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by ryanbollin
thats why im thinking more air more fuel (larger intake manifold larger injectors and headers) that way i can sqeeze out more power, but reguardless of that i have to replace the clutch soon and im just looking for recommendations because im going to invest the money into it id rather have a clucth that can handle the power so when i get to that point its already there, and if it comes down to it new valve and cams. But overall i need a half way decent clutch recommendation so in the future it can handle more power thats all
An intake, exhaust, cams, injectors, and a tune might get your engine above 170, maybe even 180, but oh geez will it be a gutless wonder in the low and mid ranges; until you get the RPMs up over 5,000 your car will probably get smoked by a kid on a bicycle.

Long story short, I'll lay long odds and big money you ain't gonna beat your buddy's Audi unless you sell your car and buy something else. That and selling your car and buying something faster will cost you a heck of a lot less money.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Port & polished head,oversized valves, bigger cams, up the compression a bit, port matched intake, free flowing exhaust, 98 octane, remapped or aftermarket ECU/PCM, you would be adding about 30-40hp.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:02 AM

set aside the fact of buy a new car lol, we got way off topic.

The real question is i need to replace my clutch, any recommendations for something that would be a good replacement.

on a side note im personaly an audi guy, i jumped on the mazda when i shoulda waited which is no big deal. But how offten do you see a 2.0 pushing 180hp? also im not sayen my car looks stock, cosmeticly my cars not bad looking. The thing is when i role up to a meet i dont want just cosmetics id like a little power to back it. Even if its not a race car, i thought it was appreciating the idea that some one took the time and effort to do something different rather then just give up all hope.

like today kids buying subarus (no offense) that come stock with all the bells and whistles for like $30k. but every ones doing that ****. Like my mazda is a 1 of a kinda the 1 and only 1. I live in new york and i go to quiet a bit of shows. The only 2 other mazda 2.0s i see are auto and nothing close to mine. other than that its the only one and when people see it it turns heads, so apart from turning heads people say wait, a tuned 2.0? some one acually took the time and effort, and they appreciate it.

take for example the 2.0 mk3 vw gtis that were not turbo. 0bd2 didnt have a forged bottom end but for those that were obd1 they had a forged bottom end, people throw a set of cams in some valves and a turbo wjth about 8pounds of boost. was it a good idea who knows but they did it cause it was different.

thats what building cars is about in my opinion taken the time to build something thats different thats what turns heads.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:03 AM

alos grim thats basily where im heading, i just need a new utch and i was looking for something that would fit in with everything else. photos ----> https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mem...0-5speed-1355/

Last edited by ryanbollin; 06-05-2016 at 02:11 AM.