2010 iT works, and then doesn't? Frustrating. - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:00 AM

Default 2010 iT works, and then doesn't? Frustrating.

I have a 2010 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan with 79,000 miles on it, and during the snowstorm, the shield under my car broke off partially, and I had to get it removed.

I had my serpentine belt replaced, but then had to send it back in for the A/C and got that fixed. Now these lights are all on, and the car seems like the transmission is slipping.

However, sometimes the lights go off, and the car is fine for a day or so. Mechanic said everything was fine when it was returned, but this happened a day later.

Last edited by cutiebud; 05-20-2017 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Remove useless information
Old 05-21-2017, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

You will need to get a diagnostic code check done.

I'm guessing a issue with the ABS/DSC system. It could be a damaged ABS sensor/wiring on the RHF.
Early 2nd gen Mazda's 3's are also known for dodgy DSC HU/CM ( Basically the ABS pump)
Old 05-23-2017, 01:57 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_reaper View Post
You will need to get a diagnostic code check done.

I'm guessing a issue with the ABS/DSC system. It could be a damaged ABS sensor/wiring on the RHF.
Early 2nd gen Mazda's 3's are also known for dodgy DSC HU/CM ( Basically the ABS pump)
Thank you so much. I work from home and driving the car scares me when it's skipping around (it feels like it doesn't want to go into 2nd gear now) but I will get to autozone here to check the codes immediately.