Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2009 Corolla XRS vs Our 3

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2009 Corolla XRS vs Our 3

And BTW: I've been saying for a while now that the current Camry, from a distance, looks very much like the 3 comoing towards you. Then it gets closer and it's just FUGLY!!! Looks like a bull in heat.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:34 PM

haha welcome back richard and i have to agree with you. that car is ugly. yet my dad wanted one. butt i dono. i almost bought a corolla (shoot me now) i went there and they would give me a good deal. buttttttt i found the 3 wayyyyyy more appealing. it was soo much sexier

Old 11-03-2007, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Lev

The car looks like a small Camry, andthe XRS'front lookslike a civic with a bigger grille. The inside is asplain as a cracker, andto give the Corolla any kind of distinction you have to compare it to a hyundai elantra or kia rio. The Corolla is nothing compared to the 3.
I agree it looks like a small Camry. Personally, the new Camry is very easy on the eyes. What I do not usually like about Toyota products is their interior. I usually find them boring. This is why I usually choose a Honda product. That said, the Mazda 3 has a great interior, especially at night, where it lights up like a christmas tree, and I love the contrast between the blue gauges and red centrecontrols andred illuminated steering wheel controls.The Mazda 3 interior is way better than the Corilla or Civic IMHO.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:32 PM

the corolla is boring. the whole car is boring. whats the point of that. why not get a car that actually looks good and is the same price.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:36 AM

lol i just had a thought about the members of a toyota forum somewhere and them bashing on the mazda 3. mayb they're saying something like "the mazda3 looks a child's toy. it doesn't look like a car for ADULTS." LMAO... i guess its all about the way you look at it. hahaha..

Old 11-06-2007, 04:21 PM

LOL. thats a good point. they are prolly like omg the mazda3 sucks big time the corolla looks soo much better.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:26 PM

http://www.toyotafans.net/2008-and-b...rolla-f130.htmmwahahahahahah i dont know if there is something.. ill check it

Old 11-07-2007, 08:57 AM

looks like toyota stole the old protege design and mixed it in with the 3's taillight design they copied as well

Old 11-14-2008, 10:26 PM

Since this is a Mazda forum, Iguess I will be able to talk crap about Toyota all I want. Personally, I think Toyota is overpriced, overrated, UGLY & bulky, and not to mention BORING. Yea I admit I m a Toyota/Lexus hater, and I will never ever buy a Toyota/Lexusthe rest of my life. Toyota is well know for realiabitity and good solid gas mileage, but that is more historically speaking. And Toyota become more and more cocky when it comes to it. Well I can go on forever with bunch of Toyota hating craps, but I won't throw it all in here, I will probably bored the hell out of all of you.

Lets start with the so call Corolla will last forever because it is so realiable, ok don't make me laugh over there. I personally know a few friends that own Corolla. I will compare and give 2 of my favorite examples. I have a friend own 99 Corolla with 50Kish mileage cuz he hardly drive much. I own a 99 Protege with 137K mileage. His corrolla been through shop for more repairs than mine, and this is the true story, not made up. Plus his 99 corolla rattle like crazy every bumps and sounds like is about to fall apart, mine 99 Protege, only 1 minor squeaky noise that is hardly noticeable. So which car is more realiable now and which car got better quality now? I mean 50K mileage vs 137K mileage car with the same exact year. Plus I drive my Protege hard (cornering, hard acceralation, u name it) half of the time and been through a lot of 1000+ miles long distance road trip. Another friend got 2003 Corolla, a different newer generation Corolla than the 99 model, his Corolla been through the dealer shop more than my 99 Protege. And each visit his Corolla cost him average $200-$300 repairs and still keep getting more problems. Another true story. So how the hell can a 03 Corolla worse than a 99 Protege? Is that what ppl so call definition of Toyota is realiable? Toyota reliability reputation is call history, maybe for the pass 3 decades (70s, 80s, and 90s). But today, toyota is no longer the realibility king, most other cars are just as realible as toyota these days and in fact some are even better than toyota.

And there comes the gas mileage, yea corolla probably got like marginal better gas mileage than Mazda3, but I will buy a 3 over Corolla anyday for so much more from the 3 than corolla can ever offer for around the same price range. The styling alone, Corolla iscomparable toa grandpa out of style and 3 iscomparable to ahealthy young adult in style. Even though I don't own a 3, but my sister does and yes I have driven it before and yes I alsohave driven Corolla onlong road trip from rental car before too. So I am not someone that is talking crap about toyota without driving it or knowing friends that own them. Only reason I haven't buy a 3 is because my 99 Protege is so damn realible and problem free that I am attached to it. Still fun to drive as well also. There goes my biased opinions for now. And I only getting started....lol! Sorry for dumping these trash talk over here if I offended anyCorolla or XRS fans here (which I highly doubt it)!

Moderator, if you want to delete my message because I talk crap too much, feel free, it won't hurt my feeling. But please let me know so that I know the limit of what I can discuss or not discuss in this forum in the future.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:54 PM

i think that it looks like a VW and a corolla had a really ugly love-child.

Quick Reply: 2009 Corolla XRS vs Our 3