Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2004/2005 Mazda 3 Variable Intermitten Wipers

Old 01-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Default 2004/2005 Mazda 3 Variable Intermitten Wipers

Hey guys, I am hoping someone here can help me out. I have found on some other forums folks doing a mod for variable intermittent wipers on the 2004/2005 Mazda 3. I just recently got my 2004 Mazda 3 (had a 2005 Mazda 6) and I REALLY miss my variable intermitten wipers. If anyone on here has any information on this mod or the guy who it seems made it originally (billm??), I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Old 01-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

I'm one of the few people who have the module billm made back in the day and I absolutely love it. I'm pretty sure billm is long gone from the forums and it's been a few years since I've talked to him by e-mail.

I can't imagine the circuit is very complex and it only taps into three wires in the wiper stalk harness. If you know how to build circuits I can unistall mine and take a picture of it. There's a user on M3F named upashi who I'm certain could build it.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:43 PM

Thanks for the reply icspots! I am sure it is a great mod to have...that is why I am looking to get one myself.

I would definitely appreciate a picture of the mod. That may help me figure it out. I am an EE, so am pretty handy with circuits. Seeing it may help me figure out what billm did. I would guess that it is a timer circuit somehow providing a periodic pulse, but am not 100%. Seeing it would definitely help.

I have tried to register for the M3F but everytime I click on register it gives an error and says registration is currently closed. Not sure why. I've tried accessing it from different PCs and from my iPhone with no luck, same message every time.

Many thanks in advance!!

Old 01-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by auzoom
Thanks for the reply icspots! I am sure it is a great mod to have...that is why I am looking to get one myself.

I would definitely appreciate a picture of the mod. That may help me figure it out. I am an EE, so am pretty handy with circuits. Seeing it may help me figure out what billm did. I would guess that it is a timer circuit somehow providing a periodic pulse, but am not 100%. Seeing it would definitely help.

I have tried to register for the M3F but everytime I click on register it gives an error and says registration is currently closed. Not sure why. I've tried accessing it from different PCs and from my iPhone with no luck, same message every time.

Many thanks in advance!!
I'm pretty sure it's a pulse timer with a potentiometer wired to it. As an EE I'm sure you could build one. I'll probably be able to pull it on Thursday and snap a picture of it for you.

As to registering for M3F...... sort of long story. Basically the forum was bought out awhile ago. Some changes were made in the registration coding which allowed ridiculous numbers of spambots to create phoney accounts, upwards of 500-1000 a day. For that reason the admins had to lock out registration until the new owners fix the coding problem.

Drop me a PM with your requested user name, e-mail, etc. and I should be able to get you registered there.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:53 AM

Thanks icspots, I would definitely appreciate a pic if you have the time. I'll send you a pm for the info I'd like to use for M3F. Thanks!!