Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

100,000 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Default 100,000 Miles

I just went over the 100K mark with my 2006 Mazda 3

What should I do to keep it running good.

Timing Belt or chain, plugs,, fuel filter, belts????????????????

This is our only Mazda so I need some advice.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by TampaDave
I just went over the 100K mark with my 2006 Mazda 3

What should I do to keep it running good.

Timing Belt or chain, plugs,, fuel filter, belts????????????????

This is our only Mazda so I need some advice.
  • Your car has a timing chain so there's no need to mess with that.
  • Your fuel filter is back in your tank and will typically go a quarter of a million miles before it needs messing with.
  • Spark plugs? Assuming you changed them on schedule at seventy-five thousand miles, you're still good to go for another fifty.
  • Belts? I think your car only has one belt, and if you're still rockin' the factory belt then that sucker is way past due to be replaced.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:21 PM

check your air filter too, everything else has been stated, it should be stated in your owners manual, but who reads those

Old 05-31-2011, 10:49 AM

Thanks all,, I am the second owner,, so I will do the plugs and air filter.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:13 PM

a little forewarning if u decide to go to autozone or advance, pepboys etc when buying plugs. First off before you walk out the store make sure the thread length for the spark plugs are the same, second dont get bosch plugs or e3's. Autolites will do just fine

Old 06-03-2011, 12:49 AM

im thinking about doing my plugs here soon too, you dont like the bosch ones? why not?

Old 06-03-2011, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by cornwellbs
im thinking about doing my plugs here soon too, you dont like the bosch ones? why not?
They are complete junk, ive had them, my friends had them, their friends had them, their pets had them, not one had kept them in there car for longer than their first oil change. I mean just think of anything that could go wrong, bosch plugs will not meet any of your expectations just short of melting, exploding etc

Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 AM

Be sure to change the Transmission and Stearing fluids if you haven't. If its an automatic,they are both the same fluid. Also new Radiator fluid would be good, you'll notice a difference imediately. The rest is basic maintenance.

When I changed my plugs I got them from the dealership. Next time I will be going with Autolite Iridiums. I've found the Bosche plugs tend to burn up quick. I've had a few where the iridium post fell out taking them out of the package.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by TA2DMAC
Be sure to change the Transmission and Stearing fluids if you haven't.
What are the chemical reactions when you change the fluid in the Stearing [sic] system?

Last edited by shipo; 06-04-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by shipo
What are the chemical reactions when you change the fluid in the Stearing [sic] system?
Not sure I understand your question, however over time the fluid in your power steering pump wears down and can break down the seals and o-rings and eventuall damage the pump, thus no power steering and eventually damage the rack. Nobody wants a bad rack. Cost too much to fix.

Quick Reply: 100,000 Miles