Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

08 Mazda 3 Transmission issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 11:28 PM
Default 08 Mazda 3 Transmission issue

I have a 2008 Mazda 3 2.0L. 160,00 Miles. I have been having transmission issues starting about 4 months ago. It started out very gradual, with transmission stuttering and AT light flashing on for about 3 secs after somewhat fast acceleration, (pulling out into 60 MPH traffic from stop). I would let off the gas pedal and everything would go back to normal. This only happened about once or twice a month for the first two months. No engine light or no codes being given when getting it checked out. Starting about 2 months ago it gradually got worse. While accelerating from a stop sign into 60MPH traffic the same thing happened but this time the AT light stayed on and engine light stayed on. I could only drive about 5-6 miles an hour, not sure what gear I was in due to no gears being illuminated on dash but my car seemed to have no power. I pulled off to the side of the road to try and problem solve I had the car shut off for 5-10 mins. When I restarted the car the AT light was off but the check engine light was still on. Car was driving normal again. Pulled out into fast traffic again and had no problems. This has happened 2 other times since. And check engine light went away after driving it for 10 mins or so each time. Now it is happening more often and was able to get the codes checked before check engine light turned off. Code was P0606. The car runs with out issue if you slowly accelerate but any time you have to quickly accelerate it has problems. I have read many other posts with similar issues and it sounds like it needs a new TCM or it needs to be sent in and repaired. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Or things to try before sending in the TCM since it takes 10 days to get it returned. Things I have replaced in the last 12 months include New valve cover gasket, new spark plugs, new intake manifold control valve, new front and rear suspension, New fuel pump assembly, new double din car stereo. I had to replace the fuel pump assembly due to running over a dead deer that pushed up on the gas tank and cracked the assembly line, no other damage was noted by dealership and front end cleared the deer and was not damaged. This happened 12 months ago. Any thoughts? thanks!

Old 03-08-2021, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Auggie
I have a 2008 Mazda 3 2.0L. 160,00 Miles. I have been having transmission issues starting about 4 months ago. It started out very gradual, with transmission stuttering and AT light flashing on for about 3 secs after somewhat fast acceleration, (pulling out into 60 MPH traffic from stop). I would let off the gas pedal and everything would go back to normal. This only happened about once or twice a month for the first two months. No engine light or no codes being given when getting it checked out. Starting about 2 months ago it gradually got worse. While accelerating from a stop sign into 60MPH traffic the same thing happened but this time the AT light stayed on and engine light stayed on. I could only drive about 5-6 miles an hour, not sure what gear I was in due to no gears being illuminated on dash but my car seemed to have no power. I pulled off to the side of the road to try and problem solve I had the car shut off for 5-10 mins. When I restarted the car the AT light was off but the check engine light was still on. Car was driving normal again. Pulled out into fast traffic again and had no problems. This has happened 2 other times since. And check engine light went away after driving it for 10 mins or so each time. Now it is happening more often and was able to get the codes checked before check engine light turned off. Code was P0606. The car runs with out issue if you slowly accelerate but any time you have to quickly accelerate it has problems. I have read many other posts with similar issues and it sounds like it needs a new TCM or it needs to be sent in and repaired. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Or things to try before sending in the TCM since it takes 10 days to get it returned. Things I have replaced in the last 12 months include New valve cover gasket, new spark plugs, new intake manifold control valve, new front and rear suspension, New fuel pump assembly, new double din car stereo. I had to replace the fuel pump assembly due to running over a dead deer that pushed up on the gas tank and cracked the assembly line, no other damage was noted by dealership and front end cleared the deer and was not damaged. This happened 12 months ago. Any thoughts? thanks!
Hello
Look at the video hope this helps
https://www.upfix.com/product/tcm-ma...epair-tcm-tcu/