Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   04 Hatch stalling/CELS with Injen CAI (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/04-hatch-stalling-cels-injen-cai-23367/)

chrisa741 07-07-2010 09:51 PM

04 Hatch stalling/CELS with Injen CAI

60K on engine, noticed it's been REALLY humid out the past couple of days so now the car is stalling and the CEL is on. I reset the battery, checked all connections, same thing. Had the same prob a couple years ago so i took it off and put back the stock airbox on (boo!) The Injen has been back on for the past 2 months with on and off CELS. Anybody else having these issues? Thx.

Tracker 07-08-2010 06:34 PM

worst case is that the pins for the MAF have been pulled out, the stock harness to is too short for the MAF and its common to hear about those who have had to extend the wires and give it some slack. Other than that it could be that your filter needs to be changed, the MAF is about to crap out, OR its just a gamble thing and teh pcm just decides that it doesnt like the extra air its getting. In short the car is a pain when doing light mods

rob23 08-02-2010 09:45 PM

deffenetly somthing with the MAF sensor, double check it.

Aubrey 08-03-2010 01:26 PM

Someone should make a CAI that connects at the hose and stock filter box so you don't have to mess with the MAF sensor.

rob23 08-04-2010 09:51 AM

they do its a K&N Drop in Filter. but it doesn't do much at all.

shipo 08-04-2010 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by rob23 (Post 109858)
they do its a K&N Drop in Filter. but it doesn't do much at all.

Sure it does, no power/economy gain and a decrease in filtering capability. :p

Tracker 08-04-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by shipo (Post 109864)
Sure it does, no power/economy gain and a decrease in filtering capability. :p

Actually we have a flow bench to test aftermarket intakes and filters, aem, k&n, and some others all show an increase of flow over oem, and on the dyno it shows as well

shipo 08-05-2010 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tracker (Post 109871)
Actually we have a flow bench to test aftermarket intakes and filters, aem, k&n, and some others all show an increase of flow over oem, and on the dyno it shows as well

Sorry, not buying. In this case I believe the reference was to a "drop-in" K&N, a filter with demonstrably poor filtering capabilities with absolutely zero improvement in any performance metric. :p

apbbnbanb_07 08-05-2010 04:17 PM

Man, everybody wants to argue with you Tracker.

Tracker 08-05-2010 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by shipo (Post 109883)
Sorry, not buying. In this case I believe the reference was to a "drop-in" K&N, a filter with demonstrably poor filtering capabilities with absolutely zero improvement in any performance metric. :p

So if i showed you a flow chart stock vs aftermarket as well as a dyno showing an increase you still wouldnt buy it???