Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   0 - 60 time question/opinion (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/0-60-time-question-opinion-2458/)

krimsonviper 03-11-2006 02:48 AM

RE: 0 - 60 time question/opinion

dude this sux! VVT DID SQUAT! but then again it also depends on drivers too since its all different mags, then again, it could be something they added extra. O well, im only gonna make this car my daily driver, and find another 240sx thats in good, to excellent condition

VegasDriver 03-11-2006 10:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Tracker

Just got back, and i clocked in 6.78sec@60mph, all stock 2.3L 3s.[8D]

auto or 5spd?

VegasDriver 03-11-2006 10:34 PM

What would you guys say is the fastest and cheapest way to improve accelaration without jeopordizing the warranty?

MikeMzda3 03-11-2006 11:21 PM

K&N drop in filter id say...at best ull get a couple extra hp...unfortunatly mods that add good hp (cold air intake) void certain parts of the warranty. I'm guna check with the dealership next time I go and see exactly what gets voided out when you get a Cold Air Intake and weigh out my options.

oh come to think of it...you could probably do a stage one weight reduction...rip out the backseats, take out all the headrests, remove the door on the glovebox, take out the carpeting, visors and shift boot and that annoying rear view mirror that always gets in the way. Currently I'm on Stage 2...right now i sit on a paint bucket (empty ofcourse) with no seatbelts and a makeshift steering wheel 5x smaller than the original cumbersome one.

good luck, happy motoring = )

Tracker 03-12-2006 01:07 AM

ORIGINAL: VegasDriver

auto or 5spd?
its auto, did it in manual though, tomorrow when i gas up ill do it in full auto.

michael91077 03-12-2006 01:14 AM

Nice, Stage 1 and Stage 2 weight reductions are a great idea..ha ha. The Cold Air Intake doesnt void a specific portion of the warranty. the only way that something is voided is if the aftermarket part caused the problem to begin with. Example, if you put on a CAI and you start getting "check engine" codes and the dealer says it your MAF and it will be $100 for parts and labor, you would be responsible to pay for it, if the CAI caused it to foul in the first place. Tha is the pretty much the same for all aftermarket parts. A K&N filter would probably be the cheapest simple upgrade you can do really. it will give you added hp/throttle response/better gas mileage. Just make sure it gets cleaned out if you live in areas with a lot of dust.

Lupae3s 03-12-2006 07:43 PM

how do you time yourself? just with a stopwatch and your speedometer?Hahaha

MikeMzda3 03-12-2006 08:42 PM

ah yes that’s right.....thats what i meant to say - but didn't.

michael91077 03-13-2006 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Lupae3s

how do you time yourself? just with a stopwatch and your speedometer?Hahaha

is there other ways to time yourself when checking your time? I just bring someon with me and have get count... one one-thousand, two one-thousand...and so on until i hit 60mph...hahaha j/k......
I know i can go from 60-80mph in a quarter mile, and from 80-100mph also in a quarter mile. I have checked that on the freeway here. bu going from an exit sign to the start of the off-ramp is a 1/4 mile, so that might be pretty accurate, but I dont know anyone who will stop on the freeway and then go, just to check time

Tracker 03-13-2006 09:02 PM

what i did was i used 4 stopwatches, one person was in the car with me, the others waited on the side to hear the horn, when i hit 60 i beeped my horn signaling them to stop the time, i did this 4 times, all in manual mode and all four times i shifted @ 6500 rpms, thats all i did.