Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

*New Title* My PINKNESS is here, rims are done!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Default *New Title* My PINKNESS is here, rims are done!

Finally get the chance to post on here. But anyways none of you really know me but I wanted to post and show you guys my up coming mods. Im really wanting to paint my car a metallic pink and do blue accents but the thing is my car is blue now and im going to start with pink accents since its a lot cheaper. Today I will be taking my rims off so I can take them in to get the outer lip painted pink. Its basically going to be the opposite of what the lambo is. I think the colors look amazing together and Just wanted to know what your guys opinion was on it.

If you go into my profile I have a picture of what my car looks like currently except I have removed the badges and moldings....

Last edited by virgin1; 06-09-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 05-01-2011, 11:20 PM

how long did it takw you to remove the molding? cause it seems like it would take forever lol and im liking the pink and blue! should look hot!

Old 05-02-2011, 03:23 AM

i like the color combo.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cornwellbs
how long did it takw you to remove the molding? cause it seems like it would take forever lol and im liking the pink and blue! should look hot!
Removing the moldings is pretty easy. Just work a piece of fishing line or dental floss underneath one end to cut through the adhesive. Once you get enough of it up you can just grab the molding and pull it off. It helps if the molding/adhesive is warm so it's much easier on a warm day when the car's been out in the sun for awhile. If you can't get a warm day try warming them up with a heat gun or hairdryer before you start pulling them off.

Once they're off remove any excess adhesive with goo gone (or similar) and give the area a coat of wax since there isn't any under where the moldings were.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:22 PM

sorry i didnt specify lol i know how to do it ive done all my badges and painted them. i was more asking like how long it takes cause it took me a while to get the adhesive off then i removed the 3 on the trunk and behind the mazda logo after i cut it to do the flying M and i was just curious with that much adhesive it would take FOREVER! lol

Old 05-03-2011, 06:58 PM

It didnt take me long to remove the moldings. Like cornwellbs said do it on a hot day its much easier and the heat the moldings up really good with a blow dryer or heat gun and then put your fishing wire behind it and start pulling. If you keep the moldings hot you wont have much adhesive to take off but like he said it comes off real good with goo gone. =) I took of my 2.3 that was real easy and I took of the 3 on the rear. On the Mazda3s just dont take off the 'Mazda' part unless you plan on shaving the holes. Its held on by plastic rivets so you will have holes if you remove it. Im going to do the evil M on the back of mine once I get my other mods out of the way first I like completeing one thing before I move to the next.

Thanks and im looking forward to my pinkness! I love my colors

Old 05-03-2011, 07:03 PM

oh forgot to mention my double bad luck. I was takin my rims off sunday so I can take them in to get the pink painted well i stood it up and walked away for a second to hear my rim fall over face down and it scratched my spokes since they stick out like the concave look. I didnt know my rims were front heavy =( and dont stand up on there own. Then on top of that I found out yesterday my dogs vet bill for his allergies is 500+ so I was not able to take my rims in to get them painted I have to pay off his vet bill first. So my rim got scratch and then I couldnt take them in =( bad luck! Im just going to keep the scratched on for my spare and order another one to put on my car because I cant show my car like that. Good thing is the rims just came out this year at the end of March so at least they are not discontinued!
Geeze the heart ache *tear

Old 05-03-2011, 11:08 PM

i guess you misunderstood lol ive already done all the badges and painted them and ive alreday dont the M the only thing i was wondering is about how long the molding took you lol

Old 05-04-2011, 09:16 PM

Oh I knew that I guess I just got carried away talking or typing lol. It took me prob 15 to take the moldoings of and 15 to take off the adhesive. NO more then 30 min but I have done it before with my old blazer and the moldings on that took me almost all day! lol Go look at my albums and look at my blazer when I first bought it then you will see why it took me almost all day haha

Old 05-05-2011, 01:36 AM

i look at your pic a while ago lol and yeah i bet it did lol i cant deside if i wanna do mine or not i kinda like it lol. i ttakes me forever to actully deside on something lol... except for the car it was love at first sight lol

Quick Reply: *New Title* My PINKNESS is here, rims are done!