Mazda2 This new subcompact applies a sporty look and feel to a great economy car.

Mazda 2 Diesel 1.4 2008 power train management warning light

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 05:19 AM
Default Mazda 2 Diesel 1.4 2008 power train management warning light

Greetings, first post here and thanks in advance for any input on this.

The car is a Mazda 2 Diesel 1.4 2008 42000 miles

The Powertrain Malfunction warning light comes on sometimes and the car goes into limp-home mode, revs are very reduced and also chugs. This also happens now and then when the car is cold.

Haven’t had a diagnostic check done as yet – just wondering is anybody had similar experience as not got a lot of confidence in main Mazda dealer.

Thanks for reading and any input. All the best for 2017

Old 01-02-2020, 11:12 AM

hii
did you find a fix to this. because my mazda just gave me that problem.

Old 01-19-2020, 02:09 PM

This happened to me a couple of times and it turned out to be the injector number 3 seal failing and it was spouting crap all over the engine. The power train warning light came on and it went into limp mode. However, it could be many things and will be difficult to guarantee it is this until you scan the fault code.
Have a look to see if there is any oily residue around the cylinder block or if there is a diesel smell in the cabin. You can lift the air box up a bit and look down to see if there is any diesel puddles. Also listen out for any chuffing sound or tractor like noises.
The engine is basically a 1.4Tdci found in the Fiesta but manufactured by Peugeot so it is a HDI engine. It is really common for seal number 3, seems to be this more than any of the others.
But as I say could be anything really until you check the codes. But I hope this could be of some help.

Old 07-21-2020, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by jay123
hii
did you find a fix to this. because my mazda just gave me that problem.
Mines done the same, came up with a P0101f fault code which was for mass air flow sensor. Replaced that but same code comes up. Whoever had the car before me had disconnected the boost sensor hose and the pipe at the back of the air box. when reconnected still the same, maybe worse. Intermittant code comes up for injector 1 but no smell or sign of diesel.
There is a sign of oil where the boost sensor hose goes into the manifold but finding this difficult to fix.
anyone else had similar issues and been resolved?

Old 08-27-2020, 04:10 AM

Interesting about the boost pressure sensor, From what I remember the boost sensor is connected on the air box and goes to the left side of the rocker cover. However, I doubt that would be related to just the one injector code. Especially, because this engine is a PSA engine injector number 1 is on the flywheel side, as opposed to the auxiliary belt side.
If they forgot to connect the sensor, my guess would be whoever did it may have been a little heavy handed and probably have knocked the injector harness connector. Hence why it is an intermittent fault code. Take the air filter cover off and you should be able to get your hand around the back to reach the connector. Check it is not loose and give it a little push inwards and towards the left of the car.
Is there any chuffing sounds at all? The seals seem to go quite a lot which can cause intermittent codes, but normally as you said you would smell oil or see some contamination, saying that it is a little difficult on injector no1 side, but even still you should see an oily residue below the cover.